Esf 1.3 Christmax update

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I must say that I'm SHOCKED @ the progress of esf 1.3 beta!!!

Yesterday I installed it, expecting all the glitches and clumby swooping that I experienced when I first tried it out, and but while playing I found NONE of that. I'm not even sure I found a single bug worthy of being called a glitch, and this makes me pretty happy =]. I also discovered the "ability" to pause a dash and swoop by holding the turbo button. This CHANGED EVERYTHING in my beliefs about ESF 1.3's swoop. It's great and removes the "Stress" of playing ESF that soo many players leave behind as they walk out the door. Yet, there may still be a few who disagree with me and say it sux because you can't drift and teleport the same, but I'de tell those who say this, that those methods of movement are no longer required as much because of the speed and new gameplay of esf 1.3. No longer does a player have to do EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING exactly perfect inorder to be considered a "worthy player", but now players must react even quicker because of higher speeds, and must react MORE often, because of the ability to stop then go. This swoop creates somewhat of an INSANE amount of possibilities on how to get a hit, and actually does give a DBZ fighting appeal. Players now must dash at an opponent stop turn dash again, and so on. I also found that players won't have to powerup NEARLY as much as in ESF 1.2.3, players will now actually fight then manage to find a small period of time in which they're able to powerup. Ontop of this the new swoop FURTHER exaddurates the possibilities. One thing i noticed tho, when swooping if you pause your swoop, you cant continue in the same direction you stopped. I'm not sure if thats on purpose but I'de just like to point it out. It also seems as if the beam targeting system for beamstruggles is working perfectly, because I tested it with a friend.

Great Job so far esf team, I actually had fun playing with a bot on esf_city for the first time in my "ESF career". THe ability to pause makes ALL the difference and ELIMINATES the clumbsy feeling.

My current suggestion is to change how beams currently work, so that they may be incorperated into the FAST speeds of esf 1.3. Right now you can barely find time to ki blast. My suggestion is to cut the ki costs when "pausing" on a dash and make it so a player can shoot / charge a beam while "Paused".

Also, a buddy of mine says he'll be putting up a server for 1.2.3 east, and now after playing 1.3 with me last night he enjoyed playing and now wishes to put one up for 1.3.

Edit ---- I'll be putting up a way to change ki blast and gen beams/balls so that they fit in esf 1.3's gameplay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you only just now had fun "for the first time" playing ESF, then how the hell did you get started playing it, making videos for it and posting so many damn suggestions for it?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you only just now had fun "for the first time" playing ESF, then how the hell did you get started playing it, making videos for it and posting so many damn suggestions for it?
I actually had fun playing with a bot on esf_city for the first time in my "ESF career".
Read closely. 1.2 bores me now..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but on an unrelated note - what's the point of this thread? To make suggestions, or to express your approval of 1.3? Either way, it seems a bit misplaced in the Suggestions subforum, because it's doing both those things. Just sayin'.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with you to an extent jinx.

but the dash is, i think, just a little too short.

i do like being able to pause a swoop, but it's still useless.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to pause swoop it's reay a good think let's say you attack an oponet and you notice he charges an attack you go to an complete pause and go into an other direction , and it looks fun :D.
I can't belive you only just now been playing the game :(

Oh yeah forgot to tell you you can change your ki system from the game if you want you can make it to have infinite ki :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to pause swoop it's reay a good think let's say you attack an oponet and you notice he charges an attack you go to an complete pause and go into an other direction , and it looks fun :D.
I can't belive you only just now been playing the game :(

Oh yeah forgot to tell you you can change your ki system from the game if you want you can make it to have infinite ki :D
So how do you pause swoop :$

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
owh that's wicked, gets a bit getting used to if you want to use it that is ( weird sentence ) but I like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom