Esf 1.3 Cheating Start

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
We all now that esf 1.3 it's going to bee pure Pownage but that ain't the problem , what i wont to say it's what IF esf 1.3 it's going 2 bee VERY VERY popular , not only among us , among hackers , nothing will stop em from makeing scripts , cheats , autocheats , wich we all hate, i wonna ask , Can the team make this sacrifice : Disable the 2ndary button for evrything , if u wont to punch u cand only do it with 1 key , , and disable mulotiple binding , By just making connection refuse if ya hav a action multiple binded , that way a part of the hax will be refused and the player it's going to play fairly .... is that possible?

Best answers
just deal with it....there aren't many hackers and well here if you want something personal...i am admin of basically every american server along with 2 european servers....i play a lot....well used to but still a lot...We take care of hackers the old fashion way. Europe has the same people...don't worry about hackers and just play to have fun

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exacly hackers should be reported to server admins. Just tell the admin teh hackers STEAM ID and be shure to make a clip of the guy hacking. In case the admin dosent belive you you give him the clip as proof.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You worry too much, as long as there are good admins there will be good servers without any hackers flying around >_>

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem is there are no good admins left. Admins have historically never spent enough time in their servers to deal with those people, and those people tend to have dynamic IP addresses as well (DSL). If the team could disable scripting like natural selection, I think it'd be a benefit to the mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the team could disable scripting like natural selection, I think it'd be a benefit to the mod.
Been saying that for three years now...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same. I hate scripts with the exception of AMX - which is server-side anyway.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
According to Saru, there is a script detector plugin thats coming out soonish. It basically records all script use in the server, tells what the script did and writes down the persons steam id (?). The server admin can then decide what to do with it.

But meh, as for hacks, i've only legitimatly seen about 3 hackers in all of my time playing 1.2. It's not THAT big of a deal, most people you think are hacking are actually just good at the game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cheating really isnt as big of a problem as people make it out to be. People complain about scripts because they THINK that using them makes the person a better player. It really doesnt. Might make doing something a bit easier (like having charge and turbo on one key) but it doesnt improve their skill in this game.

Aimbots are far and few between. I've seen 5 aimbot users out of hundreds of people. Thats a good enough ratio for me.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
The problem is there are no good admins left. Admins have historically never spent enough time in their servers to deal with those people
probably in th US but not in Europe ;P

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
probably in th US but not in Europe ;P
Agrees S2k and boath of esf-world servers are constantly being monitord XD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares if they hack... You can just ban then :/

But I'm also thinking that the progammers could add a ESF-Team only comamnd where in the coding they add a steam id where it bans the people to join servers on esf. But they're able to create one theirselves, but they can only play with bots o_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How often do you see a hacker in esf anyway?. Maybe once in a blue moon.

nge

Best answers
"nuh uh 1 teim dis gyu kild mi adn it waz hxk adn skritps wat a feg am i rite"

But seriously, scripts are practically nothing, and hacks are obvious. Proper admining not based upon "HE KILLED ME BAN TEH H4X()R!!!!1" is the best way to prevent it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
How often do you see a hacker in esf anyway?. Maybe once in a blue moon.
Which is quite often :p

Best answers
Valve have said it before, in the end they don't have any responsibility to create anti-cheats for their games as valve dosen't have ONE official server anywhere for their games. If the servers arn't owned by them then updating VAC is bascicly a hobby to them, so I'm saying like in cs, it's up to whoever owns the server to keep it free of cheaters, and that's that. Valve games will never be anywhere near cheat-free inless valve makes a MMORG, which then they will be responsible to maitain their official servers, and that would be the only way to see a half-decent anti-cheat come from valve.

Best answers
Sub said:
According to Saru, there is a script detector plugin thats coming out soonish. It basically records all script use in the server, tells what the script did and writes down the persons steam id (?). The server admin can then decide what to do with it.

But meh, as for hacks, i've only legitimatly seen about 3 hackers in all of my time playing 1.2. It's not THAT big of a deal, most people you think are hacking are actually just good at the game.
now that sounds like a good idea to me, as it takes care of scripters as I used to use a script that zoomed out my camera angle instead of my holding K, it didn't give me much of a advantage even none at all

but I think esf isn't that bad on the hacker side so I think scripters are the main problem on 1.2 but on 1.3 scripting will be made more or less useless

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
Who cares if they hack... You can just ban then :/

But I'm also thinking that the progammers could add a ESF-Team only comamnd where in the coding they add a steam id where it bans the people to join servers on esf. But they're able to create one theirselves, but they can only play with bots o_O
You can just ban them, but they usually come back with a different steam id or ip a day later anyway. To be truthful, there really is nothing you can do to keep them out.

Btw, admins in America DO play in their servers. I own the Zen server and play in it all the time. Same goes for the owners of pretty much every other American server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the history of esf as far as I can remember (3-4 years) there was one real "hacker" and it wasnt a problem to be honest. to be honest i liked playing him, nothing is better then beating some guy with aimbots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom