ESF 1.3 and the freedom of modders

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would like to know, if possible, exactly how much freedom will modders have when 1.3 finally comes.

Obviously, I'm not talking models, sprites and stuff here.

I'm talking things about being able to edit Ki charge rate, speed, various classes characteristics, add new characters by ourselves with new attacks...possibly even modify the game mechanics?

I realise 1.3 will rock but seeing as this will be THE final version of ESF ....in time ,if allowed, people might come with certain improvements.

Heck maybe even new game types eg brolly mode.

So, exactly how much freedom will we get?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If AMXX works then all of that is possible.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well I think it's been said quite a few times that most of those features will be locked due to them using their very own compiler or something along those lines. So without their software there won't be much chance at modding as far as I understood.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The dev team will be releasing a modding tool after release I think

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The dev team will be releasing a modding tool after release I think
I know, some sort of XML editor I believe?

Even so , how much freedom will that give?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The XML editor is a cosmetic/mapping thing. You can edit effects, sounds and you use it for map addition/setup for the game. The whole character creation part of the XML tool will be locked. For reasons, look at what has become of ECX, and they actually require a little coding to get chars in to the game, where ours is literally a few clicks, and then copy/paste the rest.

You can use AMXX, to do stuff, but since we are using an XML loader system, youll have to work round that. Its possible, but difficult. But AMXX does let you do nearly what ever you want.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't see the reasoning behind not giving us the option to .

I mean sure, there will be crappy versions with OP characters and what not but no one forces anyone to play on that server.
I'm pretty sure that when ESF releases there will be plenty of classic servers to play on.

Besides, good things may come of this.... there are capable people in the community who could actually bring to the table one or two new perfectly balanced and working characters....but then of course...if they are that capable...they will just bypass the XML loader as you stated.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see the reasoning behind not giving us the option to .

I mean sure, there will be crappy versions with OP characters and what not but no one forces anyone to play on that server.
I'm pretty sure that when ESF releases there will be plenty of classic servers to play on.

Besides, good things may come of this.... there are capable people in the community who could actually bring to the table one or two new perfectly balanced and working characters....but then of course...if they are that capable...they will just bypass the XML loader as you stated.
And there are plans to give them that chance. We have been talking of possibilities, that if someone brings us a character thats not OP, or just plainly stupid, we can easily add him to the game, and people later download it from the server as they join.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So assuming someone comes with models, sprites, sounds for a new character , you guys will put it in game ?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And there are plans to give them that chance. We have been talking of possibilities, that if someone brings us a character thats not OP, or just plainly stupid, we can easily add him to the game, and people later download it from the server as they join.
That sounds kinda awesome

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So assuming someone comes with models, sprites, sounds for a new character , you guys will put it in game ?
without giving any promises, we will definitely consider that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I'm going to pay someone to make a Supreme God Emperor Zeonix model.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically we'll entertain a lot of content stuff presuming someone does all the work.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How entertained would you be if I provided the team with my model, sounds done by me, and sprites done in mspaint? Secret character entertained or, that's cute, into the trash bin entertained?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That might be a bridge or five too far XD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this include the Satan/Lucifer suggestion, as well? Because I'd finance that, too.

Man, **** it. I'm going to hire someone to make a model of me anyway. It'll be a monument to the most important man in that man's mind.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
We already have a model for you. They actually put it inside Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy. Its called RANCOR!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Artists impression of me when I first wake up:

He forgot the abs, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom