ESF 1..3.1 1.3.2. wtf

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
welll this is a wierd question wich i will not post in the offline cuz i lost meny of my posts there (there are muuuch pages i can't follow)
pls don't close it pain !!!

WElll if it's going to bee a esf 1.3. 2 or etc can the team include the Novodex physics of hl2 for hl1? i mean it's a HOOGE step imagine , realistic stuff like treez , bushez , water flowing , realistic falls of mdls ! it;'s like a dream in hl1 , can the team include that? or i am daydreaming ???

Best answers
not possible since the HL 1 engine is is still the quake 1 / 2 engine so thats not possible.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You're dreaming.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
actually it is possible to include physics engines into hl but from what I've heared its more like a dirty hack. Also its not really rescource friendly. This alone would be a reason to not include it but we simply have other, more important, stuff to implement instead of physics.

so, not gonna happen.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think ESF it's got on HL 1 and ESF deserves HL

MC

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right about it being a huge step, the only thing is that it would take a very long time to do. The only way around it is moving ESF to the source engine, which is never going to happen, so the only thing you can do is wait for either 1.3 to get done or wait until a Dragon Ball Z source mod is completed.

itr

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
HL2 has the Havok physic engine.

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
I have to agree with DJ on this one. I've seen a movie for the Half-Life 1 engine to do such thing. In the movie / trailer there was a ball dropping and hit a row of boxes that were actually falling apart. So it is not a dream, it is real. And that for the Half-Life 1 Engine.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive seen the movies of that engine. But i also heard it consumes a big amount of resources. So the question is. Is it worth to make the game lagier only to get some physics that dont realy mater that mutch anyhow.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
well it's not like the have to do it if lost survivor lauches the team moves esf to that engene , i know it costs like hell but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not awyone is going to play if they do mot wont !
i remind that i dun' wont esf 1.3 to bee with novodex **** , i wont a pach an optional one !
edit: i does not seem to matter but it will take mapping for hl1 to the next decade , and it willl make dbz more dbz ! remember clothes can bee mds too if the get smashed parts mei fall that's just sweet !edit 3 realy not a pach , a new version ..........maybe it's much work meybe not but it will make esf more known !

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing is, like people said, it'd be a dirty hack and it'd eat a ton of resources. The whole point of ESF is to make a good game on a lower end engine and they're not gonna kill themselves just to add physics that'd honestly just be eye candy. ESF lives and dies on HL1, end of story. People aren't going to up and drop ESF because it's on an old ass engine just because there's new shiny out there. Lots of non-valve HL1 mods are alive and kicking and aren't going to die any time soon. So, in short, the team isn't going to kill themselves adding something that's just going to be shiny and that'll knock off some of their player base who couldn't afford the resources that a hack (which might be of questionable legality anyhow) like this would consume. So anyway, I think we've kinda argued this topic into the ground and two team members have said neg, so I'm going to close it.

*closed*

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom