ESF 1.2 + HL

Best answers
Is there any way that i can run ESF through HL rather then through steam? Basicly im at uni and steam cant get through the firewall's. Any help would be great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah you can, but WON doesnt support HL anymore, all you can do is play with bots.

During the installation of ESF choose WON instead of Steam, then play a LAN game.

Best answers
kool, ill check that out.

Just had a look through the install and didnt see any options to do a WON install :( do i need a different install file or am i just being a moron and missed it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you open the installer, one of the first things it asks is to choose Steam or WON, its in the installer itself to choose

If you have the FULL installer i dont know about that, If you do what you should do is download 1.2 and the 1.2.1 PATCH and try that

Best answers
Actually i dont think you have to connect to Steam servers to play. I am in a similar situation at uni. All i do now is start steam, and it says it cant connect. So i choose to run steam offline and play ESF offline. But i can only play with bots though. :(

Best answers
Heihachi Mishima said:
Actually i dont think you have to connect to Steam servers to play. I am in a similar situation at uni. All i do now is start steam, and it says it cant connect. So i choose to run steam offline and play ESF offline. But i can only play with bots though. :(
Thing is i dont know how to start steam offline, i open it, checks for updates, tells me it cannot connect and then shuts down.

Im downloading the 1.2.1 now so ill see what happens.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just install esf into the hl directory and not the steam directory. My installer didn't ask me to install steam or WON, I just selected where I wanted to put it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom