esf 1.2 and steam

Best answers
do you have to have steam installed to play esf 1.2? beacause when i installed it it said to run the steam version i have to run steam first but i installed it anyway then i tried to run it and it said the steam file exe was not found does this mean i need steam to play esf 1.2 ? is there another version of esf 1.2 or am i simply not installing it right?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF should work on regular half-life, but it would be a better idea to upgrade to steam regardless... I don't even know why you would want to bother using WON, expecially since it died acouple days ago.

Best answers
can you show me the file i need to download to play it?
cuz i think i have the steam version also i dont really care to play it online yet mabey after i get some practice

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.steampowered.com

Just download steam and it'll update iteself.

The newest installer only installers into Steam, but you can move that half life / esf folder into your actual half life folder and it should work that way.

Best answers
so i dont have to have steam then cuz i dont have it and dont want it ????

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you just want to play with bots, which IMO is really boring, you don't need Steam. For any kind of online play you will need it. You should want it anyway, since you'll have to have it for Half Life 2 and any other HL1 modifications you want to play.

Best answers
ok well how do i get esf to work without having steam on my comp? do i need a different installer? cuz i think mine is made for steam

Best answers
can someone please help me im desperate should i post this in the help forum?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to play online, you need steam. If not, and you just want to play against bots, then just install it to your Half Life folder like normal, though there might be some problems as ESF is designed for steam. Honestly though, there's no reason not to get steam assuming you're using a legitimate CD key and you didn't just download HL illegally. It's not hard to get steam up and running even on a lower end system.

-Karrde-

Best answers
i bought my copy of half life just to play this game its the platinum edition but when i install bfp it says looking for steam .exe can you help? i dont want steam the file is too big

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, hate to say it, but things are really being marketed towards broadband users I guess. COmpanies are puting out downloads and such that are a couple hundred megs. All you can do then is just download the latest HL Patch and install to the HL directory. Personally, I'd just spend the day updating steam.

-Karrde-

Best answers
well i really just wish you would of told me to update my half life earlier i finally got it workin by the way i have a very good dsl connection and a 80 gig hard drive i kinda just said the files too big so you wouldnt rant about steam sry....any way thanks for you help now all i gotta do is figure out how to add bots

Best answers
I have just installed steam, and after that i installed esf 1.2, and the patch 1.2.1 ,and it works at my place
perhaps you should try reinstalling steam, and do it the same like i did

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom