ESF 1.2.4

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I have an interesting request for the ESF team. ESF 1.2.3 still has a lot of bugs left in it, mainly the roll glitch, all server crashing bugs / client crashing bugs, bugs such as the scattershot bug. I'm under the impression that the team fixed many of the bugs in the current version in the testing version of 1.3. Could the team do the community a huge favor and possibly release another bugfix version for 1.2? The code is done, it's just a matter of implementing it into 1.2 and releasing it. This would also help out ESF in terms of popularity, a new release could bring in more players.

Is this too much to ask?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a good idea.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought and I have always thought it would benefit ESF more to take small steps instead of trying to do a one all, be all version of ESF (1.3). Since the team doesn't want to do that, I think this would be the next best thing. It would help the community out greatly.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Sounds like making 1.3 take even longer.
I can assure you, adding a patch won't slow down the steam roller we call 1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That depends, what if they fixed a couple of the bugs in 1.3 by adding new features and deleting old features? They would need to adapt the code to work with the current 1.2.3 version because 1.2.3 doesn't have any new 1.3 features (duh), thus they have to stop working on 1.3 and it will take longer to create 1.3. Not that I care much as I don't play 1.2.3 anymore, but some people might be annoyed by this. But then again, those people have nothing to say, it is the team's choice after all.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 doesn't have any new 1.3 features...

If you guys were able to wait 2 years without 1.3 coming out, you can definately wait a week (at most) longer if they manage to release a new patch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would really be up to the coders at this point.
/me summons Pcjoe and harS

Be warned my summoning powers are below level 3.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
That depends, what if they fixed a couple of the bugs in 1.3 by adding new features and deleting old features? They would need to adapt the code to work with the current 1.2.3 version because 1.2.3 doesn't have any new 1.3 features (duh), thus they have to stop working on 1.3 and it will take longer to create 1.3. Not that I care much as I don't play 1.2.3 anymore, but some people might be annoyed by this. But then again, those people have nothing to say, it is the team's choice after all.
This wouldn't delay 1.3 much. I would much rather play a stable version of 1.2 for the next year it takes to finish 1.3 rather than play the current version of it. Honestly, we still have bugs such as the kiblob bug, a bug that was in the game since 1.2 was released. We know what the bugs are and the team most likely fixed many of them for 1.3, why not put that work to good use now and release a patch?

Pain said:
It would really be up to the coders at this point.
/me summons Pcjoe and harS

Be warned my summoning powers are below level 3.
I think everyone appreciates it (atleast I do).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I spoke to Joe a little earlier today, he said he'd rather not work on something that's not going to be in the next release.

However, maybe you could make a small list of the biggest bugs you'd like fixed and see if he'd agree to that?

Note I have not spoken to harSens about it yet, though I imagine his response would be similar to Joe's.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My personal list of things I would like to see fixed

Bugs that need to be fixed
- Every bug which causes the client or the server to crash (For example, the client will occasionally crash to the desktop upon connecting to a server). I don't know if fixing all of the bugs that crash servers / people is a strech or not, but it would be greatly appreciated if atleast some of them could be fixed.

Bugs that the community would be grateful for if fixed
- Kiblob bug
- Piccolos scattershot bug (It exploading before it hitting the intended target)
- The roll glitch (Holding use when your rolling)
- Infinite combo bug (Hitting people on the ground in a way that the combo will not stop)

There are more bugs ofcourse, but I believe these are the most urgent. It doesn't have to be a major bugfix patch, even if the team can fix one or two crashing bugs I would be a very happy man.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I can assure you, adding a patch won't slow down the steam roller we call 1.3.
Haha!

As for Hybs idea. I would agree. Granted I don't play, but surely releasing little by little is way better than releasing a huge bunch of cool stuff with a **** load of bugs.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got to agree with this idea, although I doubt it will happen. It'd be nice to have some of the bugs fixed, even though I rarely play any more (I'm mainly just looking forward to 1.3).

Edit: Lol, I thought of what they could call this small patch if it comes out. Instead of 1.2.4, they could call it 1.2.3.5 lol!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
My personal list of things I would like to see fixed

Bugs that need to be fixed
- Every bug which causes the client or the server to crash (For example, the client will occasionally crash to the desktop upon connecting to a server). I don't know if fixing all of the bugs that crash servers / people is a strech or not, but it would be greatly appreciated if atleast some of them could be fixed.

Bugs that the community would be grateful for if fixed
- Kiblob bug
- Piccolos scattershot bug (It exploading before it hitting the intended target)
- Infinite combo bug (Hitting people on the ground in a way that the combo will not stop)

There are more bugs ofcourse, but I believe these are the most urgent. It doesn't have to be a major bugfix patch, even if the team can fix one or two crashing bugs I would be a very happy man.
Lets not forget the instahit bug. And the bug that lets you block and insta-advanced melee someone.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
And perhaps something "small" (if possible to create fast). That stop's people from scripting so easily in Earth Special Forces, so it blocks them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think if y'all want this so bad, you guys should start making a list and prioritizing all the fixes you deem necessary, and list them from big to small or whatever. A thread like this with random fixes thrown about isn't very helpful to the team, I reckon.

Best answers
I personally would like the ki blob bug to be fixed prior to the rest. That bug is a real fps killer.

Also as much as I hate saying this, isn't the instablockgrab something to be in the game in the fist place? I mean the headon of basic/adv melee is like that aswell. maybe just limit it to prepunches like a headon...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is considered an exploit by the team. If they consider it an exploit, so do we.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I think if y'all want this so bad, you guys should start making a list and prioritizing all the fixes you deem necessary, and list them from big to small or whatever. A thread like this with random fixes thrown about isn't very helpful to the team, I reckon.
Every bug that crashes clients or the server are the bugs that need to go. To be honest, I am not sure what crashes servers and clients, but the answers to that should be in mantis.

Things such as the kiblob bug and piccolos scattershot would be nice, but I would much rather they stamp out any and all bug crashes. If the team can get around to it (*crosses fingers*), here's my list:

- Kiblob bug (It's been in the game since 1.2 was released... Two years?)
- Piccolos scattershot bug
- Infinite combo bug (Hitting people on the ground in a way that the combo will not stop; Someone tell me the real name of this bug)
- Throw glitch (One can initiate a throw and keep it in the throw animation freely roaming the map for as long as they choose)
- Teleport glitch (One can teleport inside another person at will)

Things such as something that blocks scripts would probably require to much work to fix in a small bugfix (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Someone tell me if I forgot any major ones.

Best answers
Pain said:
Well I spoke to Joe a little earlier today, he said he'd rather not work on something that's not going to be in the next release.

However, maybe you could make a small list of the biggest bugs you'd like fixed and see if he'd agree to that?

Note I have not spoken to harSens about it yet, though I imagine his response would be similar to Joe's.
The kiblob and melee bugs are in Joe's very old and very scary code. I won't be touching that. So if Joe doesn't feel like doing that, you're out of luck. Melee will be completely redone for 1.3, and the kiblobs might be redone as wel. So we didn't bother fixing the bugs in them yet. As for "all crashes", that's rather general. Tell us what crashes the game exactly. Coding a 1.2.4 patch, testing it throughly and making an installer out of it will delay us by a month at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom