ESF 1.2.2???

Best answers
What exactly is ESF 1.2.2 gonna have in it thats new? can someone please tell me?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just going to be a bugfix, theres nothing new.

Best answers
Hotfix for bugs, something forgotten in 1.2.1 or 1.2.2, nothing new most likely, and the only new thing that might get in would be a map....

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might fix the giant forest problem. You may get a news update from us around wednesday evening or thursday if we figure out what is causing the server crashes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
x.x you still havent figured out what is causing the crashes? darn. whats to update if the bug hasnt been found yet?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We think the bug may have been found. According to most people it happens when a beam/blast detonates upon a bot.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
cold steel said:
We think the bug may have been found. According to most people it happens when a beam/blast detonates upon a bot.
But then it wouldn't happen when there are not bots. So far it just seems "random".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me said:
But then it wouldn't happen when there are not bots. So far it just seems "random".
just like Windows ...
random errors/ bluescreens/ crashes

[ontopic]
I guess it's all said ... both coders and the whole testing team are trying to find out what to do to crash it ... the the coders may be able to fix it ... so we don't know when 1.2.2 is finished
just wait

Best answers
i dont know why the coders or the tester didnt test it before release it, this hurt the esf comunity

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhh, yeah it could do with bots i wouldn't know. but that doesn't explain rented servers seeing as they have no bots...

i notice that the rented servers crash more often then dedicated or hosted servers.

in rented servers i noticed it crashed when:

1. i was swooping
2. prepunching.
3. long conversations go on
and thats all i can think of for now

i know it can't be because of the ki blob bug because i was in someones server esf_babadi_ship map (w/e_

and in the very bottom level i filled up the place with those little mini blobs... my fps was like 30 and after a while they just exploded and went back to normal... and then i could do it again, and they would get bigger and explode

and i was in a server with kagato once. a rented server and i shot a ki ball and a blob formed and got bigger and exploded for me. but for kagato it didnt. it stayed small and wouldnt dissappear... odd? wouldnt you say?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no it cant only be the bots it seems to happen when you get out of melee and beam the other person down at least it seems to have something to do with advanced melee

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well about nthe bots being the fault i dont think that is true
since i once started a server (LAN) whit 10 bots and me as a spectator then i just let them play for 5-6 hours whit no crash
but last sunday i played whit 7 bots and me as a player (also LAN) and the game crashed there were only 2 difrences
1: char limit was enabled
2: i was playing

my normal LAN games be4 that looked like 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 and they didnt crash
NOTE: i played all LAN games whit bots (sadly my friend dosent want to play LAN anymore)

Best answers
bots r not the problem
maybe they must check the CF vars or something that change when u r hitting a guy

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll fill you in tomorrow if we find anything.

Best answers
is it possible that the crashes are due to a large amount of data beign transfered? i personaly have never had a server crash when only one or two people were on, only when there were 7+ ppl and a lot was happening.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's so weird, becuase my new server doesn't crash at all, and my older provider did crash. It might have to do with how a server is set up, or whichever platform it runs on (linux or win). I'm just throwing out the possibilities, becuase I know for a fact I never had bots on my old server, and it crashed at LEAST every 2 mins, if there was a lot of melee + beams at the same time.

Best answers
so far i've found the only time the game crashes is on the canyon map, when a player either uses kiblobs or frieza disks. I've played for hours on other maps with no problems

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
It's so weird, becuase my new server doesn't crash at all, and my older provider did crash. It might have to do with how a server is set up, or whichever platform it runs on (linux or win). I'm just throwing out the possibilities, becuase I know for a fact I never had bots on my old server, and it crashed at LEAST every 2 mins, if there was a lot of melee + beams at the same time.
dito mine doesnt crash at all for some reason since i got a new vid card i doubt this would affect a dedicated server but eh the only thing i can think of is a memory issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom