esf 1.2.1 worth it?

Best answers
im a noob on esf and have just started playin version 1.2 i was getting ready to install the patch 1.2.1 but i been hearing about alot of problems coming with it i even read a post about it messing up someones OS. what i wanna know is, is the patch worth all the trouble and risk....? that may come with it?
whats the best thing about it?

Best answers
You might as well if you want to play with everyone else. I think the patch was too "quick" for its own good, but dont listen to me. I'm not playing till the next patch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only problem with the patch is the crashing, it varies from server to server as well. I'd say get the patch, the crash isn't that big of a deal.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a huge deal... It crashes every 10 minutes...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in my server and soem other servers it does, but other servers are pretty stable. hell even my server lasts through a map change sometimes. worst case scenario is that you don't transform if you're a difficult character to transform... which isn't a big change.

Vuk

Best answers
i have played for like ,let me see, two hours and it didnt crash

Best answers
at version 1.2 i had almost no problems.now me and bots are invincible sometimes,you cant turn off the botlaser and server crashes till 10 min.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok for ONLINE PLAY 1.2.1 is an improvement. For OFFLINE PLAY it probably doesn't matter, although you will be missing out on improved bot tools. The crashing issue happens somewhere in the 20 to 40 minute range, not sure what causes it yet.

Best answers
Ok i under stand about 1.2.1 and stuff like that but what about just esf 1.2 i mean i am a noob at esf but were can u download just esf 1.2??????

Best answers
if you want a risk-free esf 1.21 then do this

get updates from windows update
firewall
antivirus

there are viruses that take advange of exe installers and rewrite it full of the virus data that it uses to modify your comp...so when you here of peoples os breaking because of installing something...it is because a virus took advange to copy/delete/overwrite/modify your system files

ps: iv never knew about this crash...guess thats y 6 people drop from the server on 30 mins....at least i dont get the crash.....but im stil alone :(

Best answers
so are you saying thats why people are having all these crashes? or did you just mean thats why some people os got corrupted

Best answers
Online ain't no improvement, sicne 1.21 makes servers crash randomly. Wich basicly sucks bigtime.

Best answers
well i think ive concluded to stick with 1.2 for now and forget about the patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom