ESF 1.1 problem.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow, I'm actually posting in the Help section again after 5 years of experience with this game. This is kinda embarrasing.

Anyway, I was feeling nostalgic and decided to get the Reversed ESF 1.1 again. Got Steam, installed it all properly, yet when I run the game I get the good ol' client.dll error. No big deal, I thought at first, as before it usually worked when I just deleted the cilent.dll and ESF made a new one (or, at least I think that was the solution. o_O). So I did that, backing up the file just in case, of course.

Now I could enter the main menu. However, when trying to create a server itself, the game would crash just as soon as the progress bar would reach the "parsing game info" phase. Just crashes, no error message, nothing. It just crashed.

Tried the fmod.dll fix (I put the file in every folder inside the esf_reversed folder), that didn't help either. Tried all 3 video modes, also nothing. Any idea what could be the problem?

EDIT: Never mind, I found what was the matter. Apparently, whoever put the Reversed Pack up on ESF-World forgot to include the very important patch without which the game cannot work on Steam >_> might want to fix that. Or not, since I don't think anyone but me will be downloading the file in a looong time.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually downloaded the game recently as well. Didn't have to patch it or anything though. The game does crash often, unfortunately.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The STEAM patch is part of esf-reversed.

Besides all that does is fixes some writing and that stuff.

Id be more willing to say that its the same issue thats causing problems with 1.2.3 after a certain update.

Meaning a txt fille that needs to be placed inside the mod directory called "steam_appid" and the number 70 inside. that file became necesairy after a certain STEAM update but ofcourse the reversed pack and reversed repack are both older than the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom