ESF 1.1 Gameplay

Best answers
after playing 1.1, it was an easy transition to 1.2. when i tried 1.1 again, sorry to say, i couldn't play it anymore, 1.2 was such a big improvement with the multidirectional swoop it's hard to go back

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea thats why i wanted to try the commands really, looked fun without the 2 hit limit on melee.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nsw316 said:
apparently, i cant find the threads, only his advance mode melee but if he happens to see this thread im shure he'll throw down what he used to do to make the game like this

but im pretty sure thy and him did it together so they would both know it... i'll see if its in the clan forums...

it was in the old forums which he had deleted... so i guess im just posting useless stuff atm.
No the forums are still there, I just quit paying for it, so the website name ran out of its subscription long ago. Plus I never worked with thytomi about it. I had only came up with diffrent theories about it. Also I have never seen this in action because right now I am working on diffrent ideas.

Best answers
the attractive thing i wanted to experience in 1.1 was that how multi hits took actual effort to pull off, unlike in 1.2 where if u get the first hit, the second one is a given. but the 360 movement is definitely an improvement, so much better.

Best answers
This looks like a lot of fun hahaha

Anyway from what I found out going back to 1.1 is really, really hard once u've played 1.2 seeing as anglehits are impossible in 1.1 and u just stop swooping when u're in close range to the enemy.

Anyway, the demo was a lot of fun :D gf hehe

Best answers
1.1 had it's flaws much like every early beta does, however.

1.1 had an unexplained free-roaming and "smoothness" fun that's nowhere to be found in 1.2 and that is absolutely something a few console commands in 1.2 can never make up to.

The reason 1.1 pretty much mops the floor with 1.2 is because it's genuine way of gameplay, say you're up against a reasonable good player in 1.2 and you end up playing the same repetitive gameplay during the whole few fights and i'm talking about 2 combo limit teleport-speed limit and all that crap which in the end makes 2 good players look the same in a fight which also ends up gettin boring as you'll figure out his movements pretty early on.

To answer on that in 1.1, you're up against the same guy as on 1.2 where there exists no such thing as limitation, you're absolutely free to develop your own style by either mixing fast paced teleport with swoop or swoop with teleport, sure the fights in 1.1 took about 50% longer than in 1.2 unless you really had your style sorted but then again so did dbz fights.

If you're looking for a more DBZ'ish version, then i'd say 1.0/1.1 is as close as it can get, i never saw goku being limited of any kind in the series or anyone else for that matter, except for the ki part.

In the end, 1.1 has no limits, 1.2 does, and as far as i can see 1.3 will too.

I'm not bashing down the team for their upcoming/current version, they're a great team and possibly the most dedicated one i've seen. But their old-school versions still wipes the floor with the new versions, whether you think so or not, that is my opinion.

Hate me for it i couldn't care less, but i'm just a guy who prefers quality over quantity.

Best answers
I hate to say it but I agree with Styx.
1.1 was most certainly the better ESF version Imo.
Not because it had more stuff than 1.2 obviously not, the thing is the limitations added to ESF 1.2 basically removed creativity thus suprise and competitivity (is that a word?).

1.1 = Freedom
1.2 = One big Deja vu doing the same crap over and over again.

Best answers
Styx said:
1.1 had it's flaws much like every early beta does, however.

1.1 had an unexplained free-roaming and "smoothness" fun that's nowhere to be found in 1.2 and that is absolutely something a few console commands in 1.2 can never make up to.

The reason 1.1 pretty much mops the floor with 1.2 is because it's genuine way of gameplay, say you're up against a reasonable good player in 1.2 and you end up playing the same repetitive gameplay during the whole few fights and i'm talking about 2 combo limit teleport-speed limit and all that crap which in the end makes 2 good players look the same in a fight which also ends up gettin boring as you'll figure out his movements pretty early on.

To answer on that in 1.1, you're up against the same guy as on 1.2 where there exists no such thing as limitation, you're absolutely free to develop your own style by either mixing fast paced teleport with swoop or swoop with teleport, sure the fights in 1.1 took about 50% longer than in 1.2 unless you really had your style sorted but then again so did dbz fights.

If you're looking for a more DBZ'ish version, then i'd say 1.0/1.1 is as close as it can get, i never saw goku being limited of any kind in the series or anyone else for that matter, except for the ki part.

In the end, 1.1 has no limits, 1.2 does, and as far as i can see 1.3 will too.

I'm not bashing down the team for their upcoming/current version, they're a great team and possibly the most dedicated one i've seen. But their old-school versions still wipes the floor with the new versions, whether you think so or not, that is my opinion.

Hate me for it i couldn't care less, but i'm just a guy who prefers quality over quantity.
quoted for truth

finally someone says exactly why 1.1>1.2..& prolly 1.3...

i really wish 1.1 gameplay would come back..sure you people who "tried" 1.1 again didnt like it...and i can tell you why...because your used to all the prettyness of 1.2 That…and the fact that your used to it..of course when you play something like 1.2..and then try to go back to 1.1..after almost of year of not touching it..if not longer..ur gonna be like “wtf..i cant do my 6 hit combo anymore..zomg”…1.1 takes skill..skill that needs to be practiced..i can start up 1.2 anytime and still be a decent player even after 2-3 months of not touching the game…and chances are..within that same week..ill pick back up my skill..and then get bored of Esf again..but with 1.1…u need to constantly be practicing..otherwise you loose what you were able to do..that’s why noones able to do the same stuff they were before..and that’s prolly why you don’t like it as much as you did before..

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you people seem to forgetting is how much people complained non-stop about the gameplay in 1.1. Regardless of what you seem to remember now, there were very few people playing legitimately in 1.1--battles were not "fast-paced, DBZish battles," but idiotic waiting games where one person would try to move while still making sure they had more of their maximum ki than the other.

Personally, while I don't care for advanced melee, the 1.2+ style simple melee is far better. As other people mentioned, it's -faster- because a single hit doesn't send your opponent flying off into the middle of space, so that your fight can be interrupted by anybody in the server.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, 1.1 is NOT better than 1.2, Mostly people who says it are people who barely played it , saying its "Slow". the limitations arent as bad as you think.
actually I find 1.2 fights way more fun than 1.1
but 1.2 should take some things from 1.1 and make the "Ultimate Release" or such.
The 2 hits limitation is the only bad thing in 1.2 ( If we are talking about melee)
Also, 1.2 is way more "Free" than 1.1 due to the DoubleTap system. and the removal of that idiotic "Target" thingy.
We love you ESF Team.

Best answers
but idiotic waiting games where one person would try to move while still making sure they had more of their maximum ki than the other.
That's your opinion i suppose, while players new to the mod reasoned like that it just couldn't get any better to the ones that bothered to learn it.

Anyway, myself and a few others got something coming up pretty soon that will most likely grab interest in you 1.1 players.

A thread about this should be coming up in a few days.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, I dont really want to open this discussion with "[pL]" Guyz cause of reasons i wont say here.
Anyway , all those suggestions of yours should go to the Team, and yea i support changes in 1.2 that will become samilliar to 1.1 aswell
but saying "1.2 is slow so i wont play" is abit lame in my opinion.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Styx said:
That's your opinion i suppose, while players new to the mod reasoned like that it just couldn't get any better to the ones that bothered to learn it.

Anyway, myself and a few others got something coming up pretty soon that will most likely grab interest in you 1.1 players.

A thread about this should be coming up in a few days.
When I say 'very few' legitimate players, I'm not talking about the random public newbs who've played in every server of every version. I'm talking about people who consider themselves to be good, 'experts' at the game--very, VERY few people played legitimately in 1.1. People in the 1.1 clans were no exception.

Best answers
"1.2 is slow so i wont play" is abit lame in my opinion.
While you're used to 1.2 i can see your reasoning, but i'm a fast-paced gamer and prefer 1.1 over 1.2.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOW Styx is back :p

Well cant wait to see what your gona bring up.

As for the 1.1 VS 1.2 issue. They boath have there pros and cons. Basicly they kinda even out. 1.1 had a bigger speed but it was a bit to easy to lame in there (talking abouw HOWING). And 1.2 has more way swoop movement.

Yes im saysing they even out. And befor you go saying that i dont know what im talking about im gona tell you that i play boath versions. Yes i play 1.1 and 1.2 But the bots in 1.1 aint to good as oponents :s

But its fun. Somethimes even more than 1.2 but other times i rather play 1.2
Thats my opinion.

ESF is unique and great however you look at it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Heh, if I recall correctly people also supremely hated 1.1 wanting 1.0 back. :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
Heh, if I recall correctly people also supremely hated 1.1 wanting 1.0 back. :p
Yep, And I remember those playing 1.0 saying that they missed Alpha 2.0...

The fact is people want to complain, but I tend to say: "Aww nuts to it. I will go with whatever version the team decides is out because its too much of a hassle to play any old version."

Basically if I like it, yea more fun for me. If I dont, it is still a fun game so I really wont complain either way.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 has a lot of great qualitys, yet it also has a lot of flaws.

1.2 has a lot of great qualitys, yet it too has a lot of flaws.

Nothing is perfect, you can't really win either way. If you did like 1.1, you can get use to 1.2 and enjoy it. It is still a good game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love how people say "Man 1.1 sucks I miss 1.0 :("
Then they say, "Man 1.2 sucks I miss 1.1"

If you want to play a game that's similar to 1.1 THEN PLAY 1.1!
It's not that hard to get a couple online friends together, get them to download a ~110 mb file and install it.

1.1 had some really great qualities.
1.2 has some really great qualities.

1.1 is a beta, it's not perfect, like every other beta on earth it has flaws, people could easily script and hack, there were lot's of exploits

1.2 is the same, they did things to it to make it better, make it harder to hack/script. It's got it's exploits that the team knows about and will be fixed. And 1.3 will be the final version. Leave it alone, the makers of the game will make the game as they want it. If you want to make and AMX plugin to change it- fine go ahead, no one is stopping you.

If you want to make the ESF community more diverse than it already is, I say go for it.

I loved 1.1, i was obsessed, i played everyday. Then 1.2 came out, i was obsessed i played everyday. Then EVM came out, chances are I don't know how to do half the stuff i used to be able to do in 1.2 anymore. 1.2 is an awsome game. Half of you people don't even know what 1.1 is. It's like me saying "God I miss 1.0, hey everyone let's make 1.2 more like 1.0" I've never played 1.0, not when it was popular. I downloaded it and played by myself, if you consider that playing it. I don't.

I say: Don't fix it if it isn't broken.

And if the community was larger, with more people with bigger wallets, I say, make one server for 1.1, and another for 1.2 if you all love it that much, but obviously there aren't enough people who want 1.1 brought back if 99.9% of the servers are 1.2 servers.

I love 1.1 even today, but not enough to go back to it. I like 1.2 better. It's more solid. And not only that, I don't want to take the time to learn everything all over again. Just like 1.2, 1.1 takes a **** load of learning to be able to be great at. I'd like to see you pull off incredibly sharp turns, at fast speeds with out HOWing (c) Halorin.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not seeing the love. Pretty much no servers on our side of the pond, and just about everyone we know quit. This makes Zeo a sad panda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom