ESF 1.1 Gameplay

Best answers
*copy and pasted from my previous post in kai clan forums*

"originally .:Zen:. Thytomi's idea, this brings 1.1 style of gameplay into 1.2 with just 5 console commands. also needed is the amx pl giver to be able to use mystic krillin for the speed. its really ****en fun, i havent played 1.1 so i dont know how it compares, but thy says its the same.

heres a demo of it:
Mirror1:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZSDJRFY
Mirror2:http://rapidshare.de/files/13008614/esf1.rar.html

anyone interested? if enough people are, im thinking we could get this on the 3 dominant servers (kai,zen,bad karmas) and make it a default thing. feedback would be nice."

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
welll in esf 1.1 ther wasn't a gameplay at alll, only beams and a punch of course ther were some good things but i doubt that people are going to wont that back ! currentrly all esf players think of esf 1.3 no esf 1.1 , alpha , that demos do not work to me cuz i don't hve the files :\

from my point of view that servers R going to bee empty:|

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the pros will go there but the noobs will stop going cause theyll find it too hard and immediately quit trying

welll in esf 1.1 ther wasn't a gameplay at alll, only beams and a punch
do you think 1.2 is actually different in that way?

Best answers
Really, DaRk is right, all they did to 1.2 was add advanced melee, and in my opinion, and most other skilled players opinions, we hate it. All we need is basic melee to have fun in my opinion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Really, DaRk is right, all they did to 1.2 was add advanced melee, and in my opinion, and most other skilled players opinions, we hate it. All we need is basic melee to have fun in my opinion.
quoted for truth.
---
topic.
hmm the demo wont play by me Y_Y
-Ah now it worked.
Well i couldnt tell much of it since it only looked like First Person View.

Best answers
Yeah, the demo didn't work for me either :(. Can anyone tell me how to get it to work?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Put it in the ESF Folder, where all the other esf folders like Maps/Models/etc are.

Then go in ESF an type in the console
playdemo esf1

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched the demo and I can tell you its not the same, not even that close. The first big thing is that you're traveling faster than you did in 1.1. The other big thing is that you have about 3x the amount of ki as mystic Krillin. Faster speeds + larger ki pool = no ki management. A whole portion of the game removed. Honestly, you charged up like one time within the first minute of you playing, thats not 1.1.

Also, for anyone who wants to play the demo in third person, just type "thirdperson" in console.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The key was the massive knockback and chaining those extra hits. You can only make it worth it when you're transformed and the tele delay makes it exceptionall hard, but it's still possible. The DBZ aspect is nailing someone across a map and then into the ground and back into the air. You don't quite get the same impact when everybody is flying slower and knocked back 1/3rd of the distance.

If you Really want to see what 1.1 was like you can download the full version from ESF-world here

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Technically this was KWS's idea, hes made billions of little threads showing how you can manipulate 1.2 to 1.1

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
apparently, i cant find the threads, only his advance mode melee but if he happens to see this thread im shure he'll throw down what he used to do to make the game like this

but im pretty sure thy and him did it together so they would both know it... i'll see if its in the clan forums...

it was in the old forums which he had deleted... so i guess im just posting useless stuff atm.

Best answers
yea, thy told me 5 console commands and it change it to play like 1.1
only problem with that was that it didnt change the speed of goku so we just had to use super buu/mystic krillin to make up for the speed loss. rarely ran out of ki though.

Best answers
ones that i dont remember. mp_esf12to11 could be it but i could be wrong.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
How about you just Download 1.1 and play it if you dont like 1.2?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats your problem? People want to try out the commands in 1.2 to get a taste of what 1.1 was like. No biggy, really. Kinda weird how everyone seems to want to go backwards rather than stick to 1.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom