ESF 1.1 and 1.2?

Best answers
Im pretty sure its possible to have both running and installed. Just how? Ma friend is tryin it, but yet it always loads 1.2. Is there like a shortcut addition or somethin we would need to add? o_0

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can just install 1.1 first, then rename the "esf" folder in the half-life folder to, lets say "esf1". Then install ESF 1.2. And just change the name of the "esf1" folder back to "esf" (and the ESF 1.2 folder to "esf1") and it should work. But as far as I know, you cannot have both versions installed and show up in steam, because both versions use "esf" as their folder name.

*Edit*

I am not sure if you can also make a shortcut to "esf1" and still make it work online. You should ask someone else that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well what I did is installed esf 1.2 on my steam acount, then for LAN I used WON with esf 1.1, how I did this:

I installed 1.2 like you all should, the normal way, then with 1.1(WON) I installed Half Life on my friend's pc and installed 1.1 on there, then afterwards I just copied 1.1 from his pc to mine, so then we can play against each other without him needing steam or internet. But I don't think there's a way to make both work with steam though...

I hope this helped you a bit.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=steam2co.jpg

Its possible to have boath on at the same time. But the code has to be changed a bit.
Since if you run 1.1 out of teh directory esf1.1 (thats what i have) you get an error cause the program is looking into teh directory esf (1.2 in my case). If that can be fixed with amx than boath versions can coexist. And you can have 2 difrent shourtcuts.

Best answers
It still sounds complicated to fix. Even with amx from what i've all read about it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just rename the folder...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom