Escape Sequence

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, just a quick question, tried searching and couldn't find anything on this....

I want to bind the letter "n" to change my esf name to "|::Z::| grOOvy {ape}".... so I would use the console command:
bind n "name "|::Z::| grOOvy {ape}""

Now the first red " will be recognized as the end of the quote and all the bind will do is display name as it will only bind "name " for 'n'. Since my name has spaces, I need to use another set of "" inside the "" for the bind. So to avoid the console misunderstanding the red ", is there an escape sequence which will allow me to bypass that? Any help would be appreciated... thnx!

Escape Sequence examples = %d, \n, \t (in c++)

[p.s. - if there is a list to all the escape sequences for the half life/mods console, could someone please either list them or provide the url to the page where I can find this... thnx again!]

Best answers
ok i wouln't no how to bind names that too hard but go look at a Counter-strike site that has console commands and ask in the forum how to bind names

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm lost soul I noticed you've just been going around and posting whatever comes to your mind without actually realizing whether it is spam or not...... please think before posting and read your own post - does it help me in any way? just a request....

Now the answer to your post:
COUNTER STRIKE:
What is it? MOD TO HALF LIFE
Do I play it? NO
Should I ask in their forums? NO

ESF:
What is it? MOD TO HALF LIFE
Do I play it? YES
Should I ask in their forums? YES

Makes sense doesn't it, lost soul?

If anyone else can help me (i mean actually help), I would be grateful if you could post a reply here, thnx!

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to double post, but I wanted to bring this thread up again..... been 2 days since I posted this and no response.... anyone? ESF Team? Hello??

Best answers
try removing the quotes around the name command,then post what happens

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then it only recognizes the | and my name is turned to "|", that's it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i dunno if it´s right but if you remove th "´s it should work
If it´s not working try to bind it in the config file

btw you can´t add spaces when you´re changing youre name in the console
(i hope i helped you!)

Best answers
hi. i want to know all the list of escape sequence. will you please send it to me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kakashi said:
hi. i want to know all the list of escape sequence. will you please send it to me?
Welcome to the forums, kakashi. Please don't revive dead threads. If you need help on a topic discussed 2+ years ago, please feel free to make a thread of your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom