Escape from the menace (New mode suggestion)

Best answers
When I was watching some videos from DBZ, I though: I want it in ESF, is would be original!
My suggested mode conssist on:
-One or two players with a tremendous power (no one can reach that power, it must double the others power).
-One, two or three players (with more it can't be fun) with a minimal power (wich can increase, but can't surpass half the power of one of the "monsters").
-The "monsters" must search and destroy the "preys". "Preys" must hide from them.
-No one can have the radar.
-The "monsters" must kill them in the setted time (wich can be configured by the host). The more time that "preys" are alive, the less points the "monster" achieve.
-If a prey swoop, a signal comes to the monster saying where was the swoop.

Of course, this game mode would need special maps to be fun, but maybe the city can be useful. You can just make one or two maps and let users the others.
This idea came to me when I saw the Trunks special (hidding from the androids), when Cell was hidding from Piccolo, when Dodoria was searching for Krillin and Gohan...
I hope you like my idea, I think is original, but who knows if is posible.
Thanks for reading me.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh i can see it now. 1 pro on the prey team and the monsters get killed XD

Best answers
Heh i can see it now. 1 pro on the prey team and the monsters get killed XD
Maybe monster must be invincible or almost it. The point is that the monster or hunter can crush them in seconds. 3 or 4 hits and the prey is dead (or KO)
Another point that can be good is:
-If a prey is KOed, a team mate can heal him. The KOed player will be up with half his power and HP. (The good of this is that if the monster just wait near the KOed player, the prey team win, because he dont hunt the other team mate).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
also i imagine that no one would want to play on the "prey" side

Best answers
also i imagine that no one would want to play on the "prey" side
That's why it needs special maps to be enjoyable. And also a system to make teams ramdomly. 2 hunters and 3 preys as much.
But I think it needs the ESF team touch to make it special.
I said it because I remembered the part when Krillin and Gohan were scaping from Dodoria, when Cell was scaping from Piccolo and when Trunks was scaping from the Androids. The hunters were too powerful and the prey couldn't do anything to injure him, just scape.
I though it was original and funny, but if you think is a bad idea... Maybe you can help to improve it if you want.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In ESF PL means very little ^^

A pro will kill you simply cause he himself wont get hit while you will ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMHO the idea isn't worth considering.

BTW will there be a server side CVAR to enable/disable such things as radar?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've been able to disable the radar ever since it appeared in ESF.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We need a brolly gamemode, where it's brolly vs everyone in the server. We could call it, His Power is Maximum.

Best answers
that's cool man. I was thinking about a similar idea before except it was more-so Good vs Evil with that in mind. Good would be weaker than Evil, and they'd have to stop them from doing objectives. But Grega seemed against the idea of NPCs and such. But I really like your idea of Monsters and Prey. I think it's awesome in fact, so I'll try to mix the two.

Character Rosters
Buu, Cell = Evil Monsters
Ginyu Force = Evil Defenders
Frieza = Evil Prey

Goku, Vegeta = Good Monsters
Teen Gohan, Trunks, Adult Gohan = Good Defenders
Piccolo, Krillin = Good Prey

Androids = Neutral (FAA or becomes Good/Evil)

How it Works
Monsters are the strongest in the game. If Monsters die, they're dead for good.

Prey is weak against their Nemesis and dies permanently ONLY when killed by them. If they aren’t killed by their Nemesis, they yield no gains and respawn instantly.

A Nemesis is declared in the beginning of the round. Only Monsters are a Nemesis: Buu & Cell, Goku & Vegeta. This relationship exists ONLY between Prey and Monsters, and MAY change during the course of the game. If Nemesis kills their Prey, they regain all of their health and get big points. However, if Prey kills their Nemesis, they become Monsters.
EX: Frieza kills Goku, Piccolo kills Cell, Krillin kills Buu.

Androids are a mix of Prey and Defender and may potentially be targeted by both teams or neither. If they kill any Monster, they become a Monster. Unlike other Monsters who are given they role of Nemesis, they gain full health and big points by killing ANY player. Their duels can’t be interrupted.

Defenders start out weak like Prey, but they advance more quickly as they fight. They can fight, die repeatedly, and still come back, but they have a respawn timer. Every time they die, they give minor points and PL gains to their killers, but they also come back stronger. It’s in their team’s best interest for them to continually fight and die.

Objectives & Attributes
Only Prey can pick up and collect Dragon Balls. This is Piccolo, Krillin, and Frieza. If they collect all of them and summon the dragon, it’s an automatic win for their team. Since Prey can only carry the Dragon Balls, only Prey can steal it from the enemy as well.

Prey can only BE DUELED by their Nemesis.

Defenders can DUEL Monsters and other Defenders. A Defender’s DUEL interrupts a Monster’s DUEL, but not another Defender’s DUEL.

Monsters can only DUEL other Monsters or “their” Prey.

The idea is that Prey are elusive to all but their Nemesis. Monsters can challenge each other or their Prey. Defenders have the best of DUEL where they can Defend allied Monsters or Prey to allow them to escape or focus on their Prey, so it carries both offensive and defensive uses for the team as a whole.

In-Game Scenarios
Krillin goes out and finds a Dragon Ball. While doing so, the Ginyu Force shows up and starts to attack him. He cannot lock Krillin into a duel since he is Prey. Krillin avoids him and uses Solar Flare to escape. Ginyu Force calls for his Nemesis, and Cell shows up. Cell chases after Krillin and locks him into a duel. During the duel, Teen Gohan comes by and intervenes to allow him to escape. As he’s escaping, Frieza comes in and kills him, taking his Dragon Ball and running away with it.

Vegeta is a Nemesis to Frieza and begins searching the map for him. He spots Frieza flying away with a Dragon Ball and locks him into a duel. Just before he throws the finishing blow, the Ginyu Force comes to his aid and duels him. Vegeta finishes him off and Frieza is nowhere to be found.

The Androids see Goku and rush to fight him. They manage to kill him in a moment of weakness and become a Monster. They kill everyone and win. GG.

Who plays which players? Everyone opts to join, after a certain time the game begins, and it’s either Random or you can Select characters, depending on the certain. Spectators get first dibs on the next game and what character they want.

Androids will be neutral, meaning they can fight everyone. If Cell kills them, they respawn on Evil and Cell becomes stronger. If Trunks kills them, they respawn and on Good and Trunks becomes stronger.

If Krillin kills Android 17, only she will respawn on Good as a Defender.

Killing Conditions
Monsters gain points from killing their Prey as a Nemesis. Prey not only yield points, but they reward health as well.

Defenders gain points from killing other Defenders, Monsters, and Prey.

Prey can instantly win the game by collecting all of the DBs.

I'm sure there's places where this needs tweaking or it can be simplified.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh to complex >.<

CTDB should be 1 carrier and the rest attackers/defenders. Basically kill the enemy carrier before he can gather the dragonballs. A lot simpler and allso yelds less confusion ingame.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey me and DT's concept is pretty awesome imo ;x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I would love a game like that. Give the Carrier Double the health and Double the stats and let him run and fight til he dies.

Best answers
I didn't even know you and DT had a concept, or that this carrier thing existed. Bravo.

You guys throw out these ideas you've already been working on when it suits your mood. There should really be more focus on updating and involving your community if you want some better quality feedback. Otherwise it seems like we're all just wasting our time here, doesn't it?

If everyone is too lazy to step up, then I will gladly do it for you. Posting screenshots every time for an update is just a cop out.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Posting screenshots every time for an update is just a cop out.
Not if it shows something new ^^. Everyone hated the old Frieza so a new one was made. We care... honest!

The concept is still a concept remember. If a member of the team see an idea they like, it's possible that they could incorporate it without you even knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom