Error

Best answers
When i hit the install button it says NSIS Error and says this "The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.This could be a result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus. You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy"

Can you guys help me?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the first thing I'd think to try is to download the installer again, maybe from a different site. The installer may actually be corrupt on the host you got it from.

So, try getting it from another one. That may fix the problem. Be sure to tell us if that doesn't help.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah well, esf world is the "official" community site so i guess so, but also gamespot works...there are several good sites but some sites also have corrupted ones, like the one you downloaded it from, so you could try checking esfworld

Best answers
Sicron and you tell me the address to where esf is in gamespot?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use the search button. This was address earlier. I too had this error. Scan your computer for viruses. Chances are you had a trojan. If you search some guy said he had a trojan and had to reboot his computer. Though I didn't have to reboot my computer.

Did you download from filefront? That's where I dled from. Download from another place such as esf-world. I know that it's slow, but at least you know you're getting a good file.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scan your computer. Chances are you are infected with something.

Also next time I suggest you try the search button.

http://www.forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=55121&highlight=NSIS+Error

A guy named "Suxorz" already addressed this issue, and it turns out he found the reason as to why this did it to him.

But it's funny. You, me and suxors had this problem. All three of us in the same year. I believe this new problem is something to be addressed to the ESF team.

Best answers
Im scanning my pc now and it found a trojan downloader that was probally the problem.Ya your right we sould address this to ESF team.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they know, but what can they do about it? we can only say...download it somewhere else....but its weird if you downloaded it from esfworld...they shouldnt have corrupt downloads

this is the gamespot link: http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/halflife/moreinfo_6119823.html

however you need to be a member to download (free registration) and you can download hundreds of other demos and mods from the site...and with a download accelerator you can easily get 500+kb per second and downloading mods and games will be done in just minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom