Error trying to create a LAN game!

Best answers
Hi

I installed HL and ESF 1.2.3! When i go into ESF and say create game in LAN it gives me an error that says "cant load client.dll"!!! PLZ HELP ME:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
um i have steam! do i have to activate the game on steam then run it of steam?

Best answers
i have the same problem but with other file, but i dont know what the steam is...

Best answers
I have steam and i run CSS of it and Half-Life deathmatch but i dont know how to run esf of it!!!!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go to the my games menu. Select Games in the menu abbove the gameslist. Click on Register a product i already own. Enter the CD-key and let STEAM do its thing ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, then in the future if you lose the cd or something, steam will know that you had a legit hl, so then you can dl it for free later, but that's just later.

Just install your hl under a directory similiar to this:

C: \steam\SteamApps\username\half-life

there where the bold "username" is typed is the folder with the rest of your games, so install it under there, then do what grega said and insert the cd key where needed, then install esf under the hl directory and I think that's it! ;)

Best answers
Hey

Do i have to have a certian version of half-life to run it??? Is retail fine? And i have 2 "versions" of hl 1 is modded and the other 1 is installed of the origanil disk! They have different menus!!!!!!! :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom