Error Message

Best answers
Does anyone get this error message in IE or Firefox when trying to go to the forums?

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, every now and then I get that same error, quite annoying actually, I am writing a post, click on Post Quick Reply, get that stupid error and then my post doesn't get posted.

Best answers
Sicron said:
Yeah, every now and then I get that same error, quite annoying actually, I am writing a post, click on Post Quick Reply, get that stupid error and then my post doesn't get posted.
Yeah thats exactly the same case for me. only I get it almost every time I try to go here. You watch, It'll probably happen to me again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems to happen like every 5 minutes. As Kurt eloquently put it, "The ESF SQL server goes down more than sean_'s mother."

Best answers
Smith| said:
It seems to happen like every 5 minutes. As Kurt eloquently put it, "The ESF SQL server goes down more than sean_'s mother."
What??? Who the hell is Sean?

@ Kaination - Yeah no problem. I speak up for the little people. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sean am dReAm.

I seem to get this message every ten minutes or so, the server's having problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
What??? Who the hell is Sean?

@ Kaination - Yeah no problem. I speak up for the little people. ;)
-looks down- im not small...

Anyways, is there any way to fix this, or is it purely on the server until they resolve it?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
-looks down- im not small...

Anyways, is there any way to fix this, or is it purely on the server until they resolve it?
Of course you're not ;)

I saw someone else post about this, but a mod closed it before anyone else could reply to it.

That's why I didn't ask. I get this all the time and it pisses me off. I'm like... "pfft fine, i'll just go play some Counter Strike" or something. Will this ever get fixed?

Best answers
only time it bothers me is when i try to update my own posts like in the art section half the time i just **** it and dont update and my thread dies but hey what we gonna do give esf some money to transfer to a different server company

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dark Vegeta13 said:
only time it bothers me is when i try to update my own posts like in the art section half the time i just **** it and dont update and my thread dies but hey what we gonna do give esf some money to transfer to a different server company
ESF has always been hosted by Greg (Oktagone Publishing), I doubt they would ever switch hosts as he's considered part of the dev. team and friendly with the team/administration.

Retired
Best answers
i wouldn't worry about it. it could be greg is mkaing changes to the server or its having its hiccups. i rarely even notice these errors

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
So are we just supposed to live with it or what?
It's Christmas, you could always, you know, spend time with your family and stuff.

Retired
Best answers
lol raven. thats rediculous. we shoudl bar you from here now. even knows you can't live without checking the forums every 10 min... or so i heard... *walks away..*

*EDit*

Damn Error got me before i finnished my post.... j/k

Best answers
Ravendust said:
It's Christmas, you could always, you know, spend time with your family and stuff.
Well I dont mean for just today and tomorrow, I mean do we have to live with the error messages for the next couple of months or so until we get it fix or what?

Woot, 11 hours until Christmas! :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom