Ergo Proxy

Best answers
In the spirit of reviving this section of the forum, one that I wish was much more active, I will be making some threads on a couple of series that I have recently started watching, to see what everyone thinks.

First is Ergo Proxy. This is probably the most intriguing of all shows that I recently picked up. Setting is in a futuristic city, where AI robots and humans work alongside each other. One detective, however, comes into contact with something that is neither human nor AI.

The animation is superb, and the music isn't half bad either. I would give it a 4/5 from seeing the first 3 eps. Not to mention its in H.264.

Anyone else seen this?

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3505,kklbon,ergo_proxy.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the spirit of reviving dead threads [and not creating new ones], yes I have seen a few episodes of this anime. It is amazzzzing, love the art, and its from the same people who created samurai champloo, so you know the animation is amazing, they set a high standard.

Best answers
ye rly good anime .. im on it right now..
eps 10 was not tha great IMO.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm on an anime binge this summer, and episode 1 was enough to make me love this anime. I have already watched samurai champloo, and witch hunter robin this week, best 26 episode animes ever.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't watched any episodes yet, but have heard good things about this series so will pick it up shortly.

And on a similar note, your thread about Noein, that series is truly amazing. The unique art style, superb animation, and above all intellectual storyline is what made me a fan.

Brim said:
In the spirit of reviving this section of the forum, one that I wish was much more active, I will be making some threads on a couple of series that I have recently started watching, to see what everyone thinks.
Good idea, as at the moment this section is full of Dragonball Z comparison/question threads. Not that DBZ discussions are bad, just that what I had envisioned when this section originally opened has been long lost.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard some good things about this show, I think i'll have to pick it up here sometime soon and giver 'er a go.

Although, I just read the description on the Noein show, and I think i'll have to pick that up first.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm kinda disapointed, coz the play back lags a lot, which doesn't really makes it enjoyable.

Can't find a way to get it play right, too bad, looked really promising.

Best answers
Download the avi file instead of the mkv

Haven't been able to keep up with the series as I'm w/o computer, but at my parents house for a few days, maybe I'll catch back up with it. It's anime like this that really keeps me watching out for new shows with great possibilities.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
I'm kinda disapointed, coz the play back lags a lot, which doesn't really makes it enjoyable.

Can't find a way to get it play right, too bad, looked really promising.
It's because the h.264 vids are too high of a quality for your computer to handle. Mine struggles with them too, I have to close all applications and only run the movie for it to go smoothly.

Anyways, i'm only on the 3rd episode right now, but i'm totally hooked. The story is very intriguing, and the animation is superb. Can't wait to get some free time so I can go on an Ergo Proxy marathon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom