Env_Models help

Best answers
Hey someone can tell me how can i put "solid" models?? I put some Trees with env_models entity and i can walk trought the tree.

Thx ppl!

And how can i choice the sky image??

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the new env_model has a bounding box, but I'm not sure because I haven't tried it out yet. It's your best bet to just place CLIP brushes around the model so the player can't walk through it, since bounding boxes are just that, boxes, and they won't cover the whole model well.

You can change the map's skybox by clicking Map->Map properties and typing the name of the skybox from the mod's gfx\env folder you want to use in the environment map (cl_skyname) field. Just make sure you get the name right; you don't include the file's extension, or the last two letters that indicate what side of the skybox it is. If one side of the skybox you want to use is called backalleyft.tga, you type backalley for the sky name.
Make sure that if you release a map with a custom skybox, you include it with the map distribution so users will have it when they get the map.

Best answers
Okay about the sky but i dont undestand what i hav to do for the player dont walk trough the model. If i put clip brushes arround the model the player only will see the brushes. I want make trees like in Cell Games map.
Thx DragonDude!

Best answers
Or hav another way to put models? if hav, better, if dont hav tell me the solution for env_models

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the map is compiled, brushes with the CLIP texture act as invisible walls. The player won't see them, but they'll obstruct movement as if they were a normal brush.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let's make it more clear.
you nead to make the blue texture around the model, but the name must begin with "{" so it's invissible(don't cound the ")

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That didn't clear up anything. You can use the {BLUE texture, but why make more work for yourself? Use CLIP, no setup for it to be invisible is required.

Best answers
But wen the model get destroyed the invisible wall continue "alive"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use a Func_breakable instead (on an entirely blue texture with 255 FX amount set to solid). You will need to find out how much damage each tree or rock takes before gibbing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhmm, isn't there an option that you can put hitbox on/off?
it can be that the option sais off.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never use bounding boxes for custom models. It's evil.

Best answers
niobe said:
uhmm, isn't there an option that you can put hitbox on/off?
it can be that the option sais off.
No, wen i set the env_model entity hav only two options:

Select the Model
Health

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nop, there are three options, see it for your self.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which FGD are you using Probose, use the one that comes with ESF 1.2.1, the one in the stickies is old. I think I may change that section of the sticky...

Best answers
Hehehehehe Thanks!
Now i hav the bounding box.
What more have on that fgd that dont hav in the one of the sticky post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom