Best answers
ummmmm, this is OK. I probably could get the same effect with auto contrast/ messin around with levels manually + some despeckling.

fairly useful tho if u need fast results :p

Best answers
I just tried it. It seems to work pretty well.

One question though... why an 837 kb image? It takes quite some time to load on slow internet connections (like mine -.- ). If I want to follow tutorials I don't want to have to wait ages for them to load...

Best answers
Sorry, At first it was going to be part of my web site and I'd slice it.. Etc. But some people just wouldn't shut up about it so I just put this up.

Sorry 56kers I'll try in shorten it during this time just to make it easier

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
already knew this :), overlay instead of hard light works good too. It's a good tutorial, it actually learns you something, instead of one effect u would never use again anyways. Nice tut anubus

Best answers
Thanks Naz, Really it's nothing too it but it comes in handy with anime images. I just want to see more people using layer modes thats all, Not as many people use them these days.. Its scary :x.

Anyways, Thanks heh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol :yes::yes: Good tut... I dont use the thing tho :S I mess around with contrast and levels.... That seems easier... So... Thanks for puttin it up :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yea i did really use this method and it's work out great :D thanks for telling poeple it help's really good :] :smile:

Best answers
I believe you would need a semi-high quality image to start with for it to work good. Here is my tutorial to make low quality images better quality. Scale it down and you could try brightness/contrast on it too, yet scaling it down makes it look better because it lowers the ammont of pixels it uses. The only bad part is the image will be smaller. But this is ovius.

you also say not to ask questions because its self explanitory....yet after the tutorial image you say questions post here :rolleyes:

Best answers
No, It works for any image.... And scaling it down can be a disadvantage

Best answers
I tried it on a really low quality image. It actually works very good nice job. The only disadvantage is that it brightens all the colors. Scaling it down keeps all the colors just the same. lets say you had a large image that was low quality scaling would do better. The brighter colors can look better depending how you like It I guess. But I will remember how to do this. Seems useful :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After that, if its too bright, then you can curves or change the contrast and brightness... this way, it would darken it....

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is a nice tutorial. It really does work, but it lightens the image up a good bit. I don't think it would do well with an already bright image.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it soesnt work very well on a dark image, unless you know how to change levels properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom