Energy

Legendary Super Saiyan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Will characters who have the abillity to Transform have their Energy Slowly Decrease or Burn Up? A Major Example would be Super Saiyans. Like the further you ascend the greater the decrease. But not too much.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It has been said so yes. Normal or base form will be the easiest to control and when you transform to a higher level it will be more difficult to manage the ki. I believe there will even be a constant drop to be in some forms. Any player who can handle keeping goku in the SSJ3 transformation will be a good ki manager.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Another question would be if you have more experience in that form, will you burn up ki slower than when you first transformed?

Discord Member
Best answers
No. For balance reasons.
lame seriously? thats a bit silly isn't it? I mean I understand it but say if someone plays a game for 10 hours straight and kills a lot of people in SS3 then there should be at least be a small decrease at the rate of which his ki burns right?

I played a game today and charging up is required to be done frequently which really slows down the game play. It looks pretty silly seeing players swoop and go all out and then they both have to stop mid fight to power up. It doesn't happen in the show I honestly thought that mechanic was going to be thrown out of the game.

Unless you go fly for really long periods of time in 1.3 I don't see how being SS3 would be any fun if you have to stop every second to power up (statement based on 1.2.3)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The trade off for the energy burn is a major increase in damage and speed. A big part of the game is also managing your ki. If you don't want to power up every other 5 seconds, don't burn up all your ki at once.

The other thing is if we didn't have those limitations the people who have been playing for years would absolutely wreck you in seconds flat. Not that they probably wouldn't anyway. Alot of us got insanely good at the game.

Discord Member
Best answers
The trade off for the energy burn is a major increase in damage and speed. A big part of the game is also managing your ki. If you don't want to power up every other 5 seconds, don't burn up all your ki at once.

The other thing is if we didn't have those limitations the people who have been playing for years would absolutely wreck you in seconds flat. Not that they probably wouldn't anyway. Alot of us got insanely good at the game.
You say that but I don't understand, flying in 1.2.3 will burn your ki in 5 seconds so what you are saying is that it's still the same game? The only way I can see this working is if you can fly for a very long time (how it should be)

I was talking about a very, very small decrease. Maybe if you wreck people in SS3 for 5 hours then the game could give you enough ki to let you fight for 2 more seconds before you normally would have to recharge? Just an example of how it could work.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was talking about a very, very small decrease. Maybe if you wreck people in SS3 for 5 hours then the game could give you enough ki to let you fight for 2 more seconds before you normally would have to recharge? Just an example of how it could work.
Games rarely last that long, and the bonus would be tiny. Transforming gives you enough of an edge over players who just joined, stacking on more bonuses would be silly.

Discord Member
Best answers
Games rarely last that long, and the bonus would be tiny. Transforming gives you enough of an edge over players who just joined, stacking on more bonuses would be silly.
Games can last as long as the host want them to..

Yes the bonus would be tiny, that is the point. Two seconds of not having to power up is a nice edge and it was only one example. I just think it would feel weird if after ages of playing in the same game as SS3 that you still have to power up just as much as you originally had to when you first achieved.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
lame seriously? thats a bit silly isn't it? I mean I understand it but say if someone plays a game for 10 hours straight and kills a lot of people in SS3 then there should be at least be a small decrease at the rate of which his ki burns right?

I played a game today and charging up is required to be done frequently which really slows down the game play. It looks pretty silly seeing players swoop and go all out and then they both have to stop mid fight to power up. It doesn't happen in the show I honestly thought that mechanic was going to be thrown out of the game.

Unless you go fly for really long periods of time in 1.3 I don't see how being SS3 would be any fun if you have to stop every second to power up (statement based on 1.2.3)
In the anime, Goku tried to give as much damage as possible to Buu because of his ki decrease...so i don't see where are you getting this at (and you rly don'«t need to charge up every 5 seconds in 1.2.3)

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well if we going to do your way that would mean only goku as character would be done nice.
Reason why I say this is simple.

If we do it your way everyone choose for goku so he can become ss3 and all other characters will be worthless because ss3 is strong never have to charge up and have many spectular things and is prety much over powered.
As end result everyone play for goku.

As a ss3 in esf you will be very strong for sure.
Strong as it can be with speed and all kind of other extra's.
To make a ballans and if you watched the series well then you would have known that ss3 takes a lot of energy.
Hope you understand that there are major drawbacks when getting a higher level.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well if we going to do your way that would mean only goku as character would be done nice.
Reason why I say this is simple.

If we do it your way everyone choose for goku so he can become ss3 and all other characters will be worthless because ss3 is strong never have to charge up and have many spectular things and is prety much over powered.
As end result everyone play for goku.

As a ss3 in esf you will be very strong for sure.
Strong as it can be with speed and all kind of other extra's.
To make a ballans and if you watched the series well then you would have known that ss3 takes a lot of energy.
Hope you understand that there are major drawbacks when getting a higher level.
^THIS!^
Balance above all, I remeber in DBZ Budokai 1 Goku had the most transformations (4 If i'm not mistaken) and when you went SSJ your strenght increased greatly however, his KI decreased very fast in comparison to characters who had only 1 transformation but were weaker.
I like the fact that ESF is doing this, it will make became more aware of how you spend your KI and how to use specific transformation.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well thats all what I mean about this.
And thats why esf is doing a good job include ss3 but with a high stake at cost of ki.
This way krillin and some other characters will have a good chance as well.

Discord Member
Best answers
In the anime, Goku tried to give as much damage as possible to Buu because of his ki decrease...so i don't see where are you getting this at (and you rly don'«t need to charge up every 5 seconds in 1.2.3)
What? I'm not sure I understood that correctly. First of all what does the anime have to do with anything? Secondly if you were good at 1.2.3 you would know that charging up every 5-8 seconds is a must.

You guys misunderstood me. I was talking about upgrades for everyone, not just Goku that would just be ridiculous. I was simply using SS3 as an example of some way the ESF team could implement tiny increases to people who have been playing the same game as SS3 for a very long period of time. TBH it is only logical that they would be able to sustain SS3 for longer periods of time even if its 2 seconds (because of balance)

Last edited:
Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do see where your are coming from Critical_Error, and yes an additional 2 seconds can definitely be very helpful, however, with a game mechanic such as ours, a fast paced game, we need to have some sort of draw back as you get stronger. Again, yes 2 seconds is very little, but you also have to understand to code in something such as that is also a lot of work. When our time can be spent more wisely elsewhere in the development.

We have been playing and beta testing ESF:Final for a very long time and it sounds to me that your assumptions of going SSJ3 means you can only play as that form for seconds. So basically, you are arguing over something you have no proven knowledge of.

You do have an idea and a team member, I am heartedly reading your post and trying to see this mechanic from your point of view. I will finish this post saying that we will not implement your idea solely because you are arguing over something you have no proven knowledge of "how much ki is burned off while being ascended"

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually very confused right now. I was always under the impression that the higher your form, the more ki you would use up. For example, you might be able to swoop for 20 seconds straight in SSJ1, but maybe 10 seconds in SSJ3. The tradeoff / balancing factor being that you're faster and stronger in SSJ3. Grega's answer of no because of balance makes no sense to me, because not doing that would make the game unbalanced. If there's no ki penalty to being in a higher form, then you're basically rewarding someone who is doing well by making the game even easier for them, which in turn makes the game harder for those not as skilled. I'm going to be very, very sad if that turns out to be the case.

Last edited:
Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You will lose energy faster doing just about anything.. even just floating in the air, not moving. The higher the form, the more noticeable the drain.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He was saying 'no' to the idea that, the more time you spend in a form, the less drain their is. Since there is the 'training' for each form before you can go to the next on top of the needed PL. So the idea was, you 'train' in a form and lose less energy because of it. To which, Grega said no, the drain will remain the same.

Discord Member
Best answers
I do see where your are coming from Critical_Error, and yes an additional 2 seconds can definitely be very helpful, however, with a game mechanic such as ours, a fast paced game, we need to have some sort of draw back as you get stronger. Again, yes 2 seconds is very little, but you also have to understand to code in something such as that is also a lot of work. When our time can be spent more wisely elsewhere in the development.

We have been playing and beta testing ESF:Final for a very long time and it sounds to me that your assumptions of going SSJ3 means you can only play as that form for seconds. So basically, you are arguing over something you have no proven knowledge of.

You do have an idea and a team member, I am heartedly reading your post and trying to see this mechanic from your point of view. I will finish this post saying that we will not implement your idea solely because you are arguing over something you have no proven knowledge of "how much ki is burned off while being ascended"
I stated in an earlier post that I was unsure of how these things work and yes I was making assumptions. I asked if flying had been changed at all but no one responded so I just assumed the swooping mechanic would be the same as the 1.2.3 version. I never said that I was right nor was I arguing about it, we were having a discussion on how such a features could work in 1.3. Indeed if I did play the beta I would have a better understanding and I probably never even posted on this thread. My assumptions were from what other people have said in this thread, I gathered that SS3 would only last 10 seconds at most before you had to power up. I was waiting for someone like you to correct me on the matter not attack me, none of my questions have been answered in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom