Energy

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Critical_Error, there is a new swooping mechanic, one that allows for constant swoop in one direction until your ki runs out. Of course, if you so choose you can stop at any time, or change directions with the push of a single button. No longer a need for double tap.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have ever played a Tenkaichi game, Play as SSJ4 Gogeta. That is what you are pretty much asking for. An over powered, broken character that will have Unlimited Ki and So much speed that he would reign over all and no one would pick anyone else when it came to tournaments and such.

Example:
Goku Base Form: Burns no Ki standing there
Goku SSJ: Burns 2% Ki standing there but gains a slight more amount of strength and speed.
Goku SSJ2: Burns 3.5% Ki standing there but gains a moderate amount of strength and speed.
Goku SSJ3: Burns 6% Ki standing there but gains a good amount of strength and speed.

Flight Limit
Goku Base Form:
A---------------------------------------------------------------B
Goku SSJ:
A--------------------------------------------------------B
Goku SSJ2:
A--------------------------------------------------B
Goku SSJ3:
A------------------------------------------B

But this is due to you wanting to give up Ki for Strength and Speed. You could easily fight in Normal mode against people who were SSJ if you had lots of skill in 1.2.3.

Discord Member
Best answers
Critical_Error, there is a new swooping mechanic, one that allows for constant swoop in one direction until your ki runs out. Of course, if you so choose you can stop at any time, or change directions with the push of a single button. No longer a need for double tap.
Ah I see but how long does it take your ki to run out? What I mean by that is, how long can you fly for? I love the fact that you no longer need to double tap.

Thanks for the response.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
http://youtu.be/iZ4zogkAjP4

Skip to about a minute or so in. I don't have an official time for you as to how long it takes, but you can get a rough idea how long you can swoop for, and how the swoop mechanic works from the video. As you can see, it's a fair bit of time. So don't worry so much about running out of ki every '10 seconds'.

http://youtu.be/XhgBFA2oI7Y

Or perhaps that is a better example... (I like the song better anyway :D )

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Gotta miss double tapping and ppl whining about it or script it away :(

Discord Member
Best answers
With that second video, is that with GFX turned up max? I was hoping that we would be able to see as far as you can in games such as just cause 2? But yea swooping looks good and much longer.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
In the second video, he is above the clouds. A place that you wont be able to go during normal play. For as high as the map gets, the map will appear to go on and on. As bad ass as it may have been, ESF is not a sandbox based game with 100's of people playing on 1 server to fill the world. . . . . *distant look*

Discord Member
Best answers
I meant the view distance not the clouds, although that is a shame to hear about. In the video a lot of the map is dark blue because of the field of view I was wondering if that could be increased to max so we could see all of the map? Or just enough so we don't see the dark blue

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Its called distance fog.

It is an actual real life effect. The distance you can view is limited. especially when looking though clouds/fog.

Legendary Super Saiyan
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
So, the further you ascend, the faster your KI burns up? Is this for all characters? For example Cell when he transformed in to his other forms there was no KI burn up increase at all, actually his KI usage went up alot. As well as Buu, and Krillin, their transformations also increased their KI usage but didnt increase the burn rate. I dont know about the Buddy System and KI burning though.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I had forgotten about that cell games teaser! And now I watched it in 1080p on my 32" TV.. Guys, I love you! I just started to cry! <3 It was beautiful! No, seriously..I was tearing up!

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I had forgotten about that cell games teaser! And now I watched it in 1080p on my 32" TV.. Guys, I love you! I just started to cry! <3 It was beautiful! No, seriously..I was tearing up!
The snow one is better :eek: so beautiful... the other is just vegeta whining :D

Discord Member
Best answers
look guys .... GOKU's SSJ3 is too powerful. it's not that Goku needs to power up all the time .... his BODY can't take it after a long period of time. its too stressful. if u want it to b "canon" then SS3 would just b a limited transformation that just lasts for a certain amount of time. but as it is they arent doing it like that. they are making it so u can stay in SS3 .... so you should b happy with the ki management in place already.

he never mastered it in the series. but SSJ2 SSJ1 and all those other transformations were mastered and did have their "perfect" transformations too (i hope u guys are adding perfect transformations from the older versions. i thought it was really cool unique and absolutely amazing feature)

and ps. i think critical's idea is great. it should go along with teh "perfect" transformations. u use up a little less ki drain (in cell games Gohan and Goku were able to sustain SSJ1 indefinitely without powering up) perhaps when u reach ur cap (going to next transformation) you drain less, it doesn't have to b much. can b the tiniest amount. heck u can even have it that the FINAL/last transformations CAN NOT b affected by that bonus since there is no next level to transform too

this would keep game more balanced too. say someone is goku. they have enough to transform to SS3 but stay in SS2 because it's EXTREMELY better ki management (which is EXACTLY how it is in the canon. Goku fights in SSJ2 mostly even when he could go SS3) heck will keep others from transforming unless they absolutely need to (just like canon)

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
look guys .... GOKU's SSJ3 is too powerful. it's not that Goku needs to power up all the time .... his BODY can't take it after a long period of time. its too stressful. if u want it to b "canon" then SS3 would just b a limited transformation that just lasts for a certain amount of time. but as it is they arent doing it like that. they are making it so u can stay in SS3 .... so you should b happy with the ki management in place already.

he never mastered it in the series. but SSJ2 SSJ1 and all those other transformations were mastered and did have their "perfect" transformations too (i hope u guys are adding perfect transformations from the older versions. i thought it was really cool unique and absolutely amazing feature)

and ps. i think critical's idea is great. it should go along with teh "perfect" transformations. u use up a little less ki drain (in cell games Gohan and Goku were able to sustain SSJ1 indefinitely without powering up) perhaps when u reach ur cap (going to next transformation) you drain less, it doesn't have to b much. can b the tiniest amount. heck u can even have it that the FINAL/last transformations CAN NOT b affected by that bonus since there is no next level to transform too

this would keep game more balanced too. say someone is goku. they have enough to transform to SS3 but stay in SS2 because it's EXTREMELY better ki management (which is EXACTLY how it is in the canon. Goku fights in SSJ2 mostly even when he could go SS3) heck will keep others from transforming unless they absolutely need to (just like canon)
I think only Gohan mastered SS2 when he was a kid.. Goku had the ability to be very powerful but too slow (He explained Gohan in the time chamber demonstrating his muscles etc)

Legendary Super Saiyan
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I think only Gohan mastered SS2 when he was a kid.. Goku had the ability to be very powerful but too slow (He explained Gohan in the time chamber demonstrating his muscles etc)
Gohan never mastered SSJ2, if you watched the early Majin Buu saga Gohan (Or someother Z Fighter) said Gohan studied instead of trained after the Cell Games. Chi-Chi told Gohan to study after it also.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Gohan never mastered SSJ2, if you watched the early Majin Buu saga Gohan (Or someother Z Fighter) said Gohan studied instead of trained after the Cell Games. Chi-Chi told Gohan to study after it also.
He got it pretty right vs cell.. if he's in a bad shape after doesn't mean he didn't master it.. Goku attempted to find a way to do what Gohan did... but he had to balance speed in as well.

Discord Member
Best answers
Well mastering a level of SS would take years of practice after you achieve it I would imagine and I don't think Gohan ever actually masters it. I say this because in the tournament saga when Goku returns for the day, it shows Gohan pushing himself in order to go SS2. If he had mastered it then he would be able to go SS2 straight away wouldn't he? Goku displays this against his fight against Vegeta.

Although it's never actually shown, it is assumed that Goku mastered SS3 and he actually states in GT that he did master SS3. Of course having the ability to master a level of SS would be pretty imba in ESF :p

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well mastering a level of SS would take years of practice after you achieve it I would imagine and I don't think Gohan ever actually masters it. I say this because in the tournament saga when Goku returns for the day, it shows Gohan pushing himself in order to go SS2. If he had mastered it then he would be able to go SS2 straight away wouldn't he? Goku displays this against his fight against Vegeta.

Although it's never actually shown, it is assumed that Goku mastered SS3 and he actually states in GT that he did master SS3. Of course having the ability to master a level of SS would be pretty imba in ESF :p
GT is not legit. The show ends with Z.

Discord Member
Best answers
lol should have said 'inb4 gt is bad' at the bottom of my post. GT continues the story line and people have to accept that it is apart of the universe. Quoted from DBZ wiki "Dragon Ball GT was an anime created by the makers of the DBZ anime, supervised, strictly overseen, and designed by Akira Toriyama" Now I'm not saying I like GT AT ALL, but it's apart of the series. Even it wasn't apart of the series then like I said earlier it is assumed that Goku would have mastered SS3 (goes without saying really)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom