Energy Punch

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...Melee, if you swoop into an enemy you do advanced melee, if you hold down right-click you do basic melee, shouldn't the left-mouse button do something?

I thought of these:

Dash/Energy Punch

If you hold it while swooping, your swoop speed increases for a second and your hand gets a little glowing yellow sprite (Dragonfist style) when you punch. This lasts 1 second so you have to get the timing done perfectly, as unlike basic melee it's not automatic, if you press it too early you'll swoop directly in front of them and miss, leaving yourself open for a melee counter attack. If you press it too late you'd trigger advanced melee before you've pressed the left mouse button. Timing would be crucial. It would do 2x as much damage as a regular basic melee hit. And of course there would be an appropriate ki cost.

If you press it when not swooping, it has the same effect, there's a lightning fast swoop and then a punch. You should be able to do it while walking, running, or just standing still, as well as swooping. Here Vegeta does it while standing still:

Source: Episode 140 - Super Vegeta (specifically the end of the episode). The second pic is one frame in length, you see him standing then he springs off the ground and his fist is instantly buried in Cell's stomach. Note the energy flaring upwards where the forearm meets Cell, that's the energy of the punch and what the yellow sprite should look like.

Charged Hit

Similar to the above, only without the speed-burst-swoop and with a charge and seperate animation, you can pour ki into a single punch that causes your arm(s) to spark and then release it into a powerful basic melee hit. The longer you hold it down, the more energy you put into it and the more damage you do. This is used in Budokai's 1-2-3.

Teleport Hit

If you hold down left-click then when you come within range to hit with basic melee, you'll teleport (leaving afterimage) and reappear instantly behind them and then hit them, meaning it is unblockable. To compensate for this it has the ki cost of a teleport and it does -2 damage.

Choose one/C&C. They're all significant to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dash
Against noobs this might work, but in a real fight you don't know when you're going to land a hit. By the time you can see you have the opportunity to land one you don't have a second to spare. That alone makes this pretty much useless. Aside from that, I wouldn't want to leave myself open if I miss. I'd prefer to take my sure hit rather than risk missing and getting nailed.

Charged
Not sure how you want this to work exactly. Am I swooping when I do this?
If I can charge while I swoop with no negative affects, why would I want to use anything else? Makes this too overpowered.
If I can't swoop with this, why would I want to use it at all. There's no time to sit around in one spot and charge it up. Makes it too underpowered.

Teleport hit
Unblockable? Unbalanced!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The timing thing wouldn't work as well as you'd like it to. You have to take into account peoples pings. Pain pretty much said the rest.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think it would be useful but it would only be able to be used as a sneak attack like this discs

Best answers
and i thing smthng like that have been suggested already :] just but to trunks.. doing it with sword. then i suggested it for every char. so it makes. allready suggested.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the charged punch idea. It would defiantly have to cost more ki the longer you use it, but I think it should be "cancleable", like in budokai. If your swooping near an enemy, and they see you charging it, you should be able to teleport while charging it.
And once the punch is charged, you you have to release it, or can you like store and unleash it at another time?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually like all the ideas. They were in DBZ so it makes sense to see them in this game. It would be nice to see all of these implied.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if you look at the pictures youll see its only Vegetas aura

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
well if you look at the pictures youll see its only Vegetas aura
That's what I thought before I watched it again today. If you watch it you'll see the shot has Vegeta's aura as a 'glow' that doesn't move, whereas his fist has it's own aura flaring away. I can make a .gif for you if you tell me how to make .gifs from .avi's. Also he gets the 'Energy Punch' attack in Legacy of Goku when he gets 'Super Vegeta/USSJ', which is the form he's in in the pic.

its true the left click should have a purpose but this idea needs a little tweaks
It's not really 'this idea' because there's three choices for one 'slot', so you have to choose one. I thought I ticked the box to create a poll but I was in a rush :p If you think it needs tweaking by all means tweak it.

Best answers
Great idea maybe make it like Davidskiwans idea if you push the 2 mouse buttons Vegeta will do the Energy Punch so it can be his stun attack.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
That's what I thought before I watched it again today. If you watch it you'll see the shot has Vegeta's aura as a 'glow' that doesn't move, whereas his fist has it's own aura flaring away. I can make a .gif for you if you tell me how to make .gifs from .avi's. Also he gets the 'Energy Punch' attack in Legacy of Goku when he gets 'Super Vegeta/USSJ', which is the form he's in in the pic.

It's not really 'this idea' because there's three choices for one 'slot', so you have to choose one. I thought I ticked the box to create a poll but I was in a rush :p If you think it needs tweaking by all means tweak it.
No nead ill wach the episode :p

gives me an excuse to wach DBZ again :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom