energy beam suggestion

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i belive this is the most usefull suggestion in some time ...... i like it very much

Best answers
yea, thats what i was thinking vegetto, gives you more variety of moves to use.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hope this idea gets noticed by the esf team and can be implemented =).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this could be abused & that n00bs will complain more about being pushed around.

Best answers
How would you get out if you were being pushed? Maybe you go turbo and swoop to the side?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g0jack said:
How would you get out if you were being pushed? Maybe you go turbo and swoop to the side?
You are in a struggle. YOu hold muse 1 and turn turbo on and hope you have enough KI and PL. Didnt you read the posts?

In any case. Guess thisone will go down like the other idears :s

Best answers
Grega said:
You are in a struggle. YOu hold muse 1 and turn turbo on and hope you have enough KI and PL. Didnt you read the posts?

In any case. Guess thisone will go down like the other idears :s
Riiiiight.... >_>
And I guess there won't be any need to really balance the struggle because if people are stronger than you their beams will dissolve you...?

Best answers
about the beam push I like it.. But lets say you WERE beamed in the back with a gen ball.. it starts to push you .. Obviously the gen ball hitting you should take damage... ok so.. your being pushed(loosing ki) an your characters turns around and puts his hands on the gen ball and begins to resist so you dont hit a wall or anything.. It think it would be awsome if you could use turbo and actually create beam right before you push the beam back(maybe a gen beam or kameha) and you could control the beam with the gen ball on the end!! But you wouln'dt have nearly as much control as your normaly do... then you can have the option to right click and detonate the beam yourself. This would be good for using on a group of people of love to gang bang.

:::: EDIT ::::
ok I saw the 1.3 beam struggle .. looks great one thing tho... You know how they put energy into the beam and it goes down to the other player? well what if that happened but also his beam got bigger?(like on the show) when they are about to loose a beam struggle on the show they *put more energy into it* and the * beam got bigger* just a suggestion. It would also make the struggle look like beams were actuallly conflicting instead of the energy waves going through the beams

Force Pit Member
Best answers
random ideas that might balance this type of attack.

1) Maybe "push" beam attacks only go straight to make them fair, and fade out over time. They can be used more as an attack to get players off your back for a little, to help balance basic melee because its very hard to fight 1v2, 1v3, etc.
2) The speed of the beam could be altered (faster or slower, which ever would be better)
3) Only "ball" type attacks push you, so you cannot put more energy into the beam.
4) If your hit by a "push" beam without blocking, you begin flying with it, and have to use stamini/ ki to get out of the way, and the weaker the beam, the faster it fades out.
5) Your not allowed to detonate a "push" beam , so it wont do extra damage to balance it.
6) Blocking is still more efficient because if you are being pushed by a beam, you slowly take hp damage, while blocking allows you to reflect an attack back without taking damage at all (excluding being pinned against a wall)
7) Im not sure about ki costs, but you can make it more or less, to keep it from being spammed if overpowered.
8) (other) Animations would look nice, if you get shot in the back, your arms and legs would be spread out.
9) If the "push" beam kills you, then the beam vaporizes you, and it will eventually fade away as well.
10) In order to get out of the path of the beam, you could go into a struggle , with the meter being on the right, holding left click, and after some effort, you eventually get out of the way. Another speedier way would be to use that extra effort (ki/stamina) and lunge yourself away from the beam quickly.

Best answers
this idea is old like from 2004 old been suggested before many a times maybe search forums next time. even by me, still good idea i belive if it was to be iplimented it would be based on p/l to determine your resistance to the attack, eg if you were weak you would just explode. and the damage being pushed would be the same as crushing damage. buuuuttt considering that this is the hl engine and they already have the ability to block attacks and be pushed in this way im thinking fat chance, put it this way if your c rap enough to be hit my a giant brightly colored glowing beam then you deserve to be blown up.

Best answers
This does seem cool but heres an idea

1. if you're too weak it just explodes (like it does now)
2. if you're just as strong it pushes you (like your idea)
3. if you're too strong it bounces off you ;D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
might be unbalanced xell, for one, your beams would never harm a super sayin 3 if you just came in the server, and basic melee still wouldnt be as balanced, because if you had 3 weak players teaming up on you, you still cant use the push beam attack on them because it would just explode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom