energy beam suggestion

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i have an idea for any strong beam in general, or "energy ball". I think it would be kind of interesting if you get hit from the side, or in the back by a beam ( assuming your standing there by yourself), instead of exploding, it pushes into your character, like a wall, and you go flying with it , like the show.

It is a good tactic to get players off your back for a little, and can give other players who cant keep track of every fighter in the arena a chance not to get blind sided, which happens often. Lets say you get hit while you were busy fighting someone else, it can give you a chance to get out of the way of the blast before you run into a wall, etc before it explodes, maybe using some stamina to get out of it, and if your too weak, that means you get stuck in the beam, and of course if your very weak, it will go right through you and vaporize your guy. ( i think they already have this idea for 1.3)

It could make for some fun battles.

Best answers
this happens during blocking, but yah i agree with you, for the most part i see the kamahamahas in the show presist in the beam form even after hitting the opponent, prehaps if you hold down the left mouse butten it will "burn and push" instead of just exploding on contact

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, it would help single players fighting groups (the worst part of ESF) and give them a way (albeit a tricky one) of keeping the enemies spread out :yes:

Best answers
I like this idea to.It looks cool,its useful and it can be found in cartoons how they doing it.But when the player is vaporized then what?Beam just keep going until it hits something? :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think if it hasn't hit something in four seconds it should fade away, otherwise you could get carried across the map...repeatedly...with no way of breaking free. Could get veeeery annoying.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yea, playing around with a time limit, like 4 or 5 seconds like raven dust suggested would balance it out. Sometimes it can be hard fighting against more then one opponent, and this could make it easier, and give some more fighting options for the fighter.

Or maybe, certain attacks explode on contact, and others act like the way i mentioned in the first post :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it could work like this:

1) Fire a beam and keep holding down MOUSE1. This pushes back any opponent it hits without exploding. (pressing MOUSE2 during this period detonates the beam)
2) Fire a beam and do not keep holding MOUSE1 (like it is right now). The beam will explode on impact.

This would be fairly intuitive, I'd say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, okay, I never thought of that.
So all this does is like blocking except you get damage when you get hit, and you have the option to hit and drag or just explode, actually it sounds kinda nice, I like it!:)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
or you could launch a generic ball ( or strong ball attack ) and it pushes him away for a little, because fighting multiple people is very hard in esf right now.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
so if you get pushed, you take damage from getting pushed ... if he pushed you a while he detonates and you take a load of damage again? kind of unfair imho.

I like the general idea though and i belive i already suggested that a long while ago in the team section (wonder what happened to this >_>)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Maybe the beam or ball attack can get weaker as it pushes someone, so when it explodes it only does a minimal amount of damage. Im looking at it as more of an attack that can get people off your back for a little, and give you more room to fight against multiple foes. And dont forget he can get out of the attack faster and take less damage if he uses some stamina/ ki to get out of it! :)

Best answers
or how about theres a small ki cost for using "pushing back" mode, and a bigger cost for detonating the beam(realy its a constant stream of energy, least thats how i look at it) this way if you run out of power while trying to "push back" spam your beam just fades away, with ki costs you have to make the choice between pushback or blow up

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about this. If the attack pushes someone than it cant detonate.

You simple let it go and it acts liek a ball from the point of where it started pushing the person.

Best answers
super ideea ... but won't it be abused to much in group vs. group ... or something like that...

Best answers
I thinks like this.
1.It whoud stupid to take damage when blockong ball or beam.It shoud be draining ki not energy.It woud be nice when blocking to go turbo to get aura which brings more ki like in dbz series when they fighting,then when you block you can put more ki whit powerup to brake out of it.Ofcourse stronger the beam quickly the ki drains out.
2.Idea when releases mouse2 to explode beam or ball is lame.I watcht again all dbz movies and theres novere that it explodes by it self.And it coud be nice when someone fires beam to put ki in it by going in turbo because of aura then oponents block then powerup to make beam stronger then you hit mouse2 to release beam and opponent strugels whit beam which turnd in ball.
3.I agrre also when ball is bigger and stronger faster ki is draining.
Sorry if something is already mentioned i didnt read all of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, the reason why health should be drained if you're pushed back is becasue your character isn't blocking, like the beam hits the stomach of the opponent, so his hands and legs are spread out, if you can imagine this then you might also think that health should be lost, not ki.

EDIT:
Oh wait, I just played ESF right now, I noticed the animation used for beam jumping, that can be used except for it's not you firing the beam, so a beam can be hitting you in the stomach with extra effects if they want to add.

nge

Best answers
I'm not really for or against this which is why I haven't posted on this yet, but on the topic of blocking-

If a beam is strong enough to push you, it does so. You'll lose Ki, not health, unless trapped against a wall. Turbo already makes it easier to push stronger beams at the cost of additional ki.

Best answers
sounds good, could something like this be implemented. Beams shouldnt always explode on contact. It would also look more dbz like if you shot a beam into someone from behind and they go flying with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom