Energy and You

What is Your Take on the Idea of Chi?

• Bogus. There is no inner power, just muscle strength.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very real. The effects of the harnessing of chi are very existent.

• Hell Yeah! Train hard enough and you will be able to blow up mountains!

• Somewhat. Maybe not "inner power", but something reflecting physical strength.

• Total voters
Best answers
i do belive in chi/ki but in the forms of what dbz and naurto make it out i dont belive we can create ki blasts ect using the engry of our bodys, and i also dont belive that strength is what wins fights ect because you may have the muscles and that but what would those muscles be without the use of though. You could be the size of triple H and so on but i have seen ppl who are not that big who use thier mind to their full capatiblty and just make the other guy look like a weaklend, to me it all comes down to if you have power you need brains to go with it otherwise you will just be a huge target. now with the fighting bit done to me chi/ki is a state of mind where u are in peace ie not a though in your head and your body is releaxed dont get me wrong i dont see sleeping a form of using ur chi as ur mind is still thinking and creating ur dreams. i hope i made sense lol but yes that what chi/ki means to me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Which martial art are you doing? Almost all of them mention it, or teach it and don't tell you. For instance, I took Tae Kwon Do for almost 4 years before I learned that I had been learning bits all along, and when I realized it my Grand Master began to show me more in ernest without hiding it in other lessons. Some instructors teach you the methods and literally don't tell you.
Kempo

Zeonix said:
Sure, I believe in chi and all it's wonders. I'm more interested in psi though. At first I was pretty sure it was just different words with the same meaning, but I've been convinced otherwise. The mind truly is a terrible thing to waste. Especially when it's capable of so many things when you conciously control your thoughts rather than just let it rant.
Pounds per square inch?

*Insert incredibly witty response here*

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I indeed belive this. It's really weird, becuause when I'm angry, I get much stronger and able to run much faster. Maybe there really is inner strength, I sure belive it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
I indeed belive this. It's really weird, becuause when I'm angry, I get much stronger and able to run much faster. Maybe there really is inner strength, I sure belive it.
:p Yeah, I think they call it adrenaline nowadays.

Chi's different though. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
As for "using more than 10% of your brain," that's complete fabrication. We use 100% of our brain. The concept of using only 10% of your brain is a common myth, which many like to perpetuate.
I thought it was 'only 10% of our potential '? In terms of physical strength that is; like a kid pushing a burning car off his grandpa after a car accident or...something.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I thought it was 'only 10% of our potential '? In terms of physical strength that is; like a kid pushing a burning car off his grandpa after a car accident or...something.
That can't be true -.-

MONKEYS!!!!!!!!

If we kill monkys our potential will be released!

Best answers
I believe in an inner power. I'm starting to practice it really :p

Yes, hell I've been taking info off one site and starting to apply it too my daily "training" (Calling push-ups training >.>') and I have been able to see my 'aura' so to say. It's blue... but I digress, this stuff is reality and completely possible if you have mind focused.
Ki balls (no sexual jokes or ELSE)? Maybe...
Aura? Yes.
Other things that have to do with ki but I just seem to forget about for absolutely no reason (Laziness)? Yes.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Robby said:
I believe in an inner power. I'm starting to practice it really :p

Yes, hell I've been taking info off one site and starting to apply it too my daily "training" (Calling push-ups training >.>') and I have been able to see my 'aura' so to say. It's blue... but I digress, this stuff is reality and completely possible if you have mind focused.
Ki balls (no sexual jokes or ELSE)? Maybe...
Aura? Yes.
Other things that have to do with ki but I just seem to forget about for absolutely no reason (Laziness)? Yes.
I think you forgot the part where you tell us you are only kidding and didn't mean anything.

Seriously think of what you're saying. You can "SEE" your "aura"? erm... you've watch DBZ one too many times.

No offense intended, but something tells me your the kind of person that saw the episode where gohan teaches whats her face how to fly and tried it for yourself. I know I did >.>

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like Fire came up with that last part outta experience O_O.

But yeah, stare at anything long enough and you'll see fantabulous colors. Thats right. Fantabulous colors. Ki balls on the other hand...well, some people just need to try it out for themselves. I tried it once or twice when I was 13-ish, and I remember the "ball" feeling similar to magnets in the sense that my hands were repelling each other. Whether or not I felt that because I wanted to is unknown to me, but I haven't tried it since.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regarding what Pride said, I can agree with him somewhat. If I took a kid that only knew raw fist flyign street fighitng, I think I could take him...But if I am up against a guy bigger than me who can bench more than 2x then what I can, then I have a problem.

As for aura and what not, I have never seeen color raise up from me. Imagined yes, but never for real. a "chi ball" isn't really something you charge up, hold above you head and chuck at something, just a lot energy focused on the hand causing heat to raise from it.

As for that one DBZ episode, I remember when I first saw it I tried it :p, since it was one of the few times DBZ tried to instruct the practice of chi.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
In the end, no amount of faint aural vision or concentrated 'ki empowerment' is going to save you from someone whose arms are big enough to crush your head like a grape.
Tell that to someone like Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan who can break your neck with the slightest touch. Not meant to be an argument or anything, but I'm just giving my thoughts, and what I see some of even my friends do at their martial arts sessions is pretty remarkable. I believe that Chi is also used in Parcour. I'm a believer, and I love to believe it :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Muscle helps, but muscle /= fighting ability.
Well of course not. Look at Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan or Jet Lee. They are not bulky at all but could kick our ass anyday of the week.

EDIT: Oh i forgot to mention. Bruce Lee was the person that came up with the 5 inch punch. He was able to knock full grown, bulky men on their ass just from punching them in the chest 5 inches away. This was an amazing feat and I think there is a video around the net that shows this too. Not sure though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but watching any Bruce Lee video it is plainly obvious that he was focused and utilized his own body's adrenaline to enhance the impact of his hits. Bruce Lee actually holds the world record for the longest length a man has flung from a single punch, I believe.

Bruce Lee and Jet Li have a mastery over their bodies that 1.) no american will ever have, because we eat mcdonald's and work in offices and drive to work (we are long past the evolutionary stages of fitness), and 2.) Is driven primarily by their own conditioning.

They can't "break your neck with the slightest touch," either. We all have to obey the laws of physics.

Best answers
Hell Yeah! Train hard enough and you will be able to blow up mountains!

psh, with my breath i can destroy intire nations... and i'd flck a mountain and it would totally blow up]... nuff said

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If anything that agrees with what I said--pressure points are biological, and have nothing to do with ki/chi.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's all a matter of perspective. There's the way your body works and there's the way your body feels, and the energy you feel welling up when you perform certain 'mantras' or when you focus on certain parts of your body could be labeled chi. What you call the exothermic oxidation of a combustible substance I call fire. Yes there's a technical means behind it that could be explained through charts and education, but when you're on fire you feel it. The same could be said for when someone hits a pressure point on your body. Hit the right spot and it 'disrupts your energy' potentially causing numbing pain and/or making you lose control of your functions for a moment (a retraction of your allocated energy).

One guy says it's a siezing jerk reaction from your nervous system and the other says it's a disruption of your natural flow of energy. One man feels the snap of someone's kinetic energy and another feels his chi. I think a lot of it, if not all of it, is just a matter of perspective, and there's a difference in the eastern and western philosophies about the body.

Best answers
Growler said:
Tell that to someone like Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan who can break your neck with the slightest touch. Not meant to be an argument or anything, but I'm just giving my thoughts, and what I see some of even my friends do at their martial arts sessions is pretty remarkable. I believe that Chi is also used in Parcour. I'm a believer, and I love to believe it :)
just htought i'd add something in. A. people like bruce lee are INCREDIBLY strong and fit, just because they aren't huge doesn't mean they don't have power. B. there are parts of the body where you can't grow muscle, so no matter how buff you are getting hit in those areas will hurt you , a lot(best example of this is the solar plexus). Trained martial artists will probably know those points and be able to take down someone if if they are much much stronger.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pressure points is just pushing on a muscle the wrong way >.> It's nothing big.

For example the pressure point on your arm, right near the elbow. Press it with 2 fingers on the side (the muscle), press down on the muscle and you or whomever you're doing it too will scream in pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom