endurance bar

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe there could be an endurance bar where if you use the swoop melee it would go down everytime u use it.. if u use it over and over again and drops too low, you'd be too tired to do anymore attacks till it refills again.. this way the ppl who always use the melee 90% of the game wouldnt be spammed too much

Best answers
ya that would be cool but look out for the opposing commit saying it already takes ki...

Best answers
there is already such thing! the KI bar!

ur asking that it takes more ki! and i think they shouldn't .. cuz DBZ is all melee. if u don't like melee ... wll either learn it or don't use it!!!! melee is meant to be used all the time!!! (i think ..)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This melee system need a little bit of tweaking but even if it´s okay now can the result be better =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by )V(ajin n00b
there is already such thing! the KI bar!

ur asking that it takes more ki! and i think they shouldn't .. cuz DBZ is all melee. if u don't like melee ... wll either learn it or don't use it!!!! melee is meant to be used all the time!!! (i think ..)
See, this is a game based on the series, so tweaks can be made, it doesnt have to stay like the series 100%, does krillen really grow hair when he transforms, no.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not saying ki bar.. endurance.. something u can't recharge and then juss go on again and again.. something that stops too much bashin over and over and over without some consequence of a tired period where ur too tired to move..

Best answers
well .. i like to see something like this .. but not with melee, but rather with beams!! have any one ever see goku shoot ten kamehameha waves continuosly!!!?!??!?! how about spirit bomb?!?! can he even make 2 spirit bombs continously??? is that what u want?!?!

i liek to play melee not beams, this is a basic thing about dbz! some might think that a dbz game must have beams cuz dbz is all about beams??!? :\ :S well guess what! NO .. dbz is all about martial arts (melee)

Best answers
actually, you can launch as many spirit bomb as you like.. it take like 1/3 of a second to charge the engery a spirit bomb takes.. sence the bomb gets its energy from everything else.

Best answers
i am talking about the show! DragonBall Z

Best answers
dont like endurance bars. DMZ has one doesn't it? Or it has that melee stun knockout thing and i hated it to hell and back.

I like melee how it is. FAST AND FURIOUS.

Best answers
Truly, an endurance bar is basically built-in waiting. Would you LIKE to have to wait for several seconds every now and then? You already get that if you're getting beat down; you can just watch yourself tumble end-over-end (it's very restful).
I am whole-heartedly against an endurance bar as you've described it.
If you get tired from attacking too much... that's taken care of by the ki bar (you can't attack continuously, you have to wait and recharge). If you get tired from being beaten up... that's the stun they've implemented so well. (I'd just like to say that using ki to recover from the tumble is brilliant; you can actually exert some control over the fall, but only if you've had the forsight to keep some spare ki handy. Kudos to the designer of that detail!)
These seem to be the only effects of the endurance bar you've described so it doesn't need to exist.
The only thing I think melee needs is some variety: maybe a few more options for things to do at the end of the swoop?
They could have a "grapple" choice: if just the swoop target is using it, they can catch an incoming swooper and throw them into a tumble and if the swooper is using it they get an animated series of blurred hits (does more damage than a swoop) before hitting the target into a tumble. If both are using grapple they enter a physical power stuggle (suggested many times before) a la the cell saga with Goku.

I suppose the balance would be that grappling can be countered as well as blocked.

Swooping will take a while to really master, and it's been implemented really well, but the blurred exchange of melee blows is still missing from the game. I don't think it can be controlled on a blow-by-blow basis, but I do think it should be in there.

Sorry for the long post,
Thanks for reading

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom