Ending the game?

Best answers
Before I begin, I would like to make it perfectly clear that I did not search to see if this topic was already brought to light. I do not care if you think I should have searched for this before posting it, as I prefer to word my suggestiong in my own way rather than reading what someone else said regarding the same topic. Don't take this personally.

Also, if I am terribly terribly wrong, please say so as nicely as you can. Flaming will only make things ugly.

Now then, if there is one flaw to this mod that I have found, it is the fact that it just keeps going on and on and on when you play it. There is no real goal to hit that I have found in order for one side to claim victory over the other.

Day of Defeat has flag captures.

Counter-Strike has hostage rescue and bomb defusal.

Team Fortress has capture the flag and stuff like that.

What does ESF have? As far as I can tell, nothing. The game begins with all players starting at a certain power level and engaging in combat in order to increase it. Battles ensue and continue until the players get bored and leave. To me this is a big problem.

Please post your replies with some kind of effort with regards to grammar.

Best answers
i see what u mean. i thought of an idea... how about a flag captures like dod for team games. and with esf s play, you can place flags anywhere. capture the flag i thinks would be too easy as sum1 runnin away with the flag is v hard to kill.
king of the hill would also be a good idea. and made even better with cases such as sum1 is in the hill while another person fires a spirit bomb. the first person has a choice to get a few more secs and die or run and live.

Best answers
What I'm talking about is the default mode of play. So far there isn't even an official kind of frag limit.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A frag limit wouldn't be such a bad idea except it takes a lot of kills to get your PL higher, especially since if you already have the highest it takes even more work to get higher.

Perhaps a PL limit? I know that some people start out with larger PLs than other but those guys have a harder time getting higher.

Best answers
A PL limit sounds perfect. Dragonball Z is basically a race for power anyway, so this makes sense to me.

Best answers
WE could have a mode Freiza, Cell, Buu, Vegeta VS.WORLD. JUst one player can go to the evil team and the rest of the people have to go to good team.. I can see where this can get unfair but make it that they have like 1000 health
and when they die another person goes against world and who ever lives against the world the longest wins...They changing of the one person can be like in assasin level in CS.

Best answers
Maybe they could make it, every second that you have the highest pl in the game, a time bar for your character increases. This way, everyone is in competition to be the best.

This could be separate mode instead.

They could make, if your the current leader, you have certain boost in pl. Also killing the current leader gives you more pl. When you die as a leader, you will lose pl.

Best answers
It would also be important to make this character with awesome power to be immune being knocked back. Otherwise you will simply get swarmed by a dozen little Good characters, swatting you around the level every time you recover.

Picture this; Cell is facing off against Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan. He is given a lot higher PL, some extra life, and immunity from the knock-back of the swoop. Goku makes the first move, swooping in to try and do some damage. Cell reacts instantly, recognizing the move right away and block. Goku lands the kick but is stopped dead in his tracks, then is suddenly met with a thunderous kick which sends him sailing into the air.

Meanwhile, Vegeta has been moving around behind Cell, and he quickly swoops in. A low thud erupts from Cell's back. The kick was successful, but Cell does not budge. Turning widly, the green villain unleashes a hellish ki blast, sending Vegeta soaring back into a nearby building.

Suddenly from his side, Cell feels the burning sting of energy crashing into his body. The explosion that ensues envelopes the entire city block, batheing it in a blinding light. There floating effortlessly in the sky stands Gohan, palms still outstretched from the attack. Cell is rocked backwards, but remains standing, only to be greeted with Gohan's lightning quick swoop.

Eventually Cell would get owned, but the battles during his reign would surely be phenomenal!

Best answers
well it is true we need more modes ( BUT GIVE THEM A BRAKE) farout beta 1.1 is in testing area... just let them go at there own paste...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Prozac
:fight: :fight: WE GOT THE DRAGON BALL WISH MODE :fight: :fight:
Yes indeed we got that, but it never ends, you can get those dragonballs, but u cant win really, thats why we should have something like a "save the world" mode:

there is a frieza with a power level of 5 million and then there are a goku vegeta krillin gohan and piccolo with all a very low powerlevel, when frieza kills them all he wins when goku and his team kills frieze they win easy isnt it??

Best answers
this was an idea that i put forward earlier:

"my thoughts are that 1 person is randomly "it", as in big bad dude against whole world. now to make it fair, this big bad dude doesn't hav health in the normal sense, he's invincible to most normal attacks like melee, generic beam, most other wealk attacks but still gets knocked around like normal. but there is a way to kill him is by an attack that can kill in 1 hit anyway like spirit bomb or final flash, or even fully charged kame beam.
in all other respects pl and other things would remain normal except for this health and teams (1 against all)

*edit*#
could also include as sum1 above put it like a tag sort of method so whoever kills "it" gets to become "it" as a reward. but combined with this, the person who was it by now would have a massive pl and would be "it" main target to add an extra twist for the weaker ppl to put in their 2 cents (like charge a really powerful attack!)"

what do ya think of that idea for a game mode! i know its not what all of you want but just look at the good points at it being a good new game mode!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about we make it a PL limit instead of a frag limit? Someone has to reach the ultimate transformation, and when he does he destroys the map, something like that. That'd stop the complaints about not being able to transform in game.

Best answers
There doesn't have to be just one mode of play. Like Counter-Strike there can be several different kinds. Power Limit Mode, One vs The World Mode, Bobbing For Apples Mode, etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
How about we make it a PL limit instead of a frag limit? Someone has to reach the ultimate transformation, and when he does he destroys the map, something like that. That'd stop the complaints about not being able to transform in game.
o_O :S ehh thats what we ment only we said that he could kill them, but this is possible too_O :S

Best answers
it might be great if they added something like CTI in TFC,but that barely happens....

what about stealing something valuable from the enemy and bringing it back to your own object and gain....say 5 frags?

Just an idea,but STO(Steal the Object) might not be a good idea,but PL limit looks decent

Best answers
Still i like the one vs the world thingie ... but it is nice put how -ThrillKill- explains, then it would make an awsome fight. 3 vs 1... hmm yeah would love that. and maybe the big guy should have a bigger KI pool.

Best answers
I'd like to see a save the world mode, with 1 destructable planet (earth), someone is evil, has really much health, and the rest is on the good team, and they gain powerlevel, just like the evil one, he gets it faster and then the good team only lets one fight at a time, until the evil guy is defeated, or earth is destroyed, if earth gets destroyed, the evil guy gets to choose if he stays evil or become good, if someone defeats the evil guy, HE can choose if will become evil or stays good....in the whole game your powerlevel can't drop, even not if you choose another character. you guys like the idea? :confused:

Best answers
There already is a goal, to have the highest power level when the time limit (set by server admin) is reached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom