End of Evangelion

Best answers
Ive been a fan of Evangelion for some time,but i never bothered to watch the movies.So this weekend i went to blockbuster and rented them.I found death and rebirth crappy,but than i watch the end of evangelion and all i could think is $%#@ what is wrong in that guys head!!That was some $%#%ed up ^&$#.But it made more sense than the original ending and cleared some things up that were confusing in the series,what did you guys think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For show full of so much... angst? I guess it was sort of fitting.

All in all, rather depressing. Yeah it's really f'ed up but... it's good I guess. I've never really appreciated "the true splendor of Evangelion" somehow, but it's pretty cool to me either way.

Best answers
yeah im not really into the animes that have a weird view of god and demons,but i like evangelion anyways(mainly cause the cool fight scenes)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am also a fairly large fan of the whole Evangelion series. And as most fans hated episodes 25 and 26, since they made no sense and were garbage.

Death and Rebirth is alright. But End of Evangelion really does end the series how I think it should have ended. A great ending to a great series. I own the movie on DVD.

Best answers
Did you listen to the directors coment stuff? They say that in the end when shinji is lying down on the beach with asuska,that the girl is asuska,rei and misto as one person!!Also they point out if you play the scene where misto dies in slow motion you can see her body part goes all over the place(Kinda disturbing)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes well animes can be pretty grim and graphic in that way, sometimes needlessly.

Anyone remember in Akira when the guy turns into the blob and you see the girl (Cowri or something that sounded like that) get crushed? Narsty.

Best answers
Honestly i try not to remember much about that movie,I didnt like it one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom