End of Earth Postponed

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have gone over this many times before. Its just the end of a ******* calender.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then it will end 22, 2012. Yaay.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean I have a chance to finish college?! yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honesty, when a calendar ends doesn't really bother me ^^. My phone's goes up to 2099, we've got plenty of time before the end of the world.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I think it would have been fun if the world ended actually, so I'm a little at loss here. I wouldn't be sad for anything I would have missed, because I know all of the other people would be in the same situation as I. So we all could enjoy the big fireworks and stuff...it would have been pretty epic!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would have been fun if the world ended actually, so I'm a little at loss here. I wouldn't be sad for anything I would have missed, because I know all of the other people would be in the same situation as I. So we all could enjoy the big fireworks and stuff...it would have been pretty epic!
I don't know man, I know the universe did a fine job at existing before I was born, and it will continue to do so after I'm gone. I'm aware that I will have no real impact on this world, nor will make a huge difference. However I'm extremely happy with being able to experience life and I try to enjoy each and every second. I would hate for it to end so soon, though I have to agree, the world exploding is one of the cooler ways to go.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It is funny how I watch a lot of History Channel's programs about the world ending in 2012 and how Nostradamus supports it, then you see someone who says the Mayan calender's dates weren't converted to the modern one. It just shows how people can manipulate this kind of things.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Clearly this postponed bull**** is a conspiracy by the people who predicted the end of the world (MrJinx) to cover their own asses should the world not end.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seem to remember that the world ended in 2000 with the Y2K problem. It can't end twice within two decades; that just wouldn't be cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seem to remember that the world ended in 2000 with the Y2K problem. It can't end twice within two decades; that just wouldn't be cool.
Apocalypses are on a strict once per decade rule, it's well within the limitations of the crackpot prophets.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair. The Y2k thing was more a total economic collapse than apocalypse thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair. The Y2k thing was more a total economic collapse than apocalypse thing.
Weren't planes supposed to fall out of the sky and toasters supposed to hop out of the wall and attack us?

Or was that the Simpsons?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weren't planes supposed to fall out of the sky and toasters supposed to hop out of the wall and attack us?

Or was that the Simpsons?
A lot of things were supposed to happen, and may have had there not been a massive preemptive preparatory response, though it was likely overblown to begin with.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, alot of people don't realize Y2K did happen, but the .Gov took so many precautions and made sure the most minimal of damages happened.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In any case, there is absolutely no reason to think the Mayans knew the future. If I told you that there were a thousand pink, invisible unicorns with laser cannons on their backs fuelled by global waming preparing to strike New Orleans in 2014, would this have any merit? Even if it were written a thousand years ago? Not particularly. This case is just less specific. My point earlier was that there have been dozens if not hundreds of "end of the world" predictions, and strangely enough, none of them have come true yet.

To be fair, the Earth could do with a major disaster. I'm hoping for something that wipes out three billion people and leaves most of our technology, resources and knowledge intact.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair, the Earth could do with a major disaster. I'm hoping for something that wipes out three billion people and leaves most of our technology, resources and knowledge intact.
Even if you were one of those billion?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Knowing Avenger, probably. He's such a warmhearted person. If he had to die for billions to live, he would do so in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom