Empy Character Slots for 1.3

Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is a suggestion from the main forum:

Would it be possible for the team to leave "Dummy" character slots, that way, if someone releases "the Goten model pack" (assuming everyone downloads the same one) they can add Goten as a character, instead of REPLACING a character? I think this would help the team finish quicker and allow the community to "fill in" characters that they wanted.

So instead of Goten on my screen while everyone else sees piccolo(because they dont have the custom models) you add 2-3 "EXTRA" slots that are blank to allow custom content to be imported. So for example, if i make a Goten Pack it will AUTOMATICALLY install to "Blank hero slot 2" which will allow everyone who has the character pack to see the SAME model, while still preserving the original models.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it already works like that in ESF.
If I'm not mistaken the way it works in 1.3 is that when you want to import a new model into esf, it goes into its own folder, and then you pick it from al ist for that character type at the start of the game. That way it wouldn't overwrite the original model.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yup, if somebody selects a custom model and you have the model too then they'll be displayed as that model, if not then the default model will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom