Emotional Abstract

3n

Best answers
Yesterday I felt a certain emotion that sparked a lot of creative ideas. I decided to put my ideas down on a blank canvas in photoshop, and make whatever came to mind. I know this is not decent, or good... I just felt like posting it. You can C&C if you want, I doubt I will change anything to fix the images.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really see any abstract in it. It's extrmemely simple, just some shapes and gradiant, and text. 3/10 :(. Also the color it's ugly.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, 3D transfrom does not own anyone... 2/10

3n

Best answers
Abstract - No obvious meaning, in other words.. abstract could be anything. And I chose the color green, to represent envy of course.

#edit

Here is another quick photoshop abstract I made. Not really inspired by emotion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3n said:
Abstract - No obvious meaning, in other words.. abstract could be anything.
except something thats meaning is clear because its written right in the front of it :rolleyes:

3n

Best answers
The only thing written infront of it was the word envy.. how could that possibly describe the picture it's self, it doesn't. I don't really understand how you guys can think an abstract based on a theme of envy.. is something different.

Hibiki said:
except something thats meaning is clear because its written right in the front of it :rolleyes:
I was mainly talking to you since you seem to be the most confused about this. Please, explain to me how the meaning of the art is written on the front of it? :rolleyes: the only thing I see is Envy and Evilnoob. If you were refering to the Bilesfamily.com } Abstract part, that is something totally different that my father put on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3n said:
Abstract - No obvious meaning, in other words.. abstract could be anything
Oh and ^ that's wrong.

But anyways, I don't see any emotion, nor abstract in it. It's god off lighting, and it's just mediocre.

But mostly, I don't like this piece because of this

3n said:
I know this is not decent, or good

3n

Best answers
Dask said:
Oh and ^ that's wrong.
I see you are a 3d abstract artist.. and you say the basic definition of abstract is wrong? Wow, I would of atleast expected a decent amount of knowledge of art before you started to make art. Abstract has no clear definiton in the pictures, it could be squiggly lines, paint smears, or plain shapes, it is abstract.

Sorry, but there is no real way to see emotion in abstract. What I think, and feel and interpret is different. So what you see, will be different every time. Thanks for the comments tho.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. If you have to explain your "art" than you didn't do a good job.

2. Making random stuff in photoshop and calling it "abstract" doesn't make it abstract. Abstract is more of a piece created by the illustrator to make an intersting picture that's more like a surreal image then random shapes in photoshop. Hence, these pieces of yours are not abstract, and I'm not an abstract artist. But, Since It's clear you won't listen to reason, here's an official one for ya.

dictionary.com said:
Having an intellectual and affective artistic content that depends solely on intrinsic form rather than on narrative content or pictorial representation

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes Dask for God sake...absract is whatever he wants it to be,
or its wrong....

Anyways...I like the first one, but the text blows, and the second one
is kinda wierd, only text though...and the third one is really cool,
I like it, kinda looks like sheets of metal stacked up, pretty cool.

3n

Best answers
Dask said:
1. If you have to explain your "art" than you didn't do a good job.

2. Making random stuff in photoshop and calling it "abstract" doesn't make it abstract. Abstract is more of a piece created by the illustrator to make an intersting picture that's more like a surreal image then random shapes in photoshop. Hence, these pieces of yours are not abstract, and I'm not an abstract artist. But, Since It's clear you won't listen to reason, here's an official one for ya.
See that is where your wrong. When a painter throws paint all over his canvas, he is not making a "surreal" image, and yet everyone conceives it as abstract.

On the other hand, I had to explain what the meaning of abstract was, since obviously a lot of people didn't understand, Dask seems to be the best example. Secondly, if I choose to explain what my art is about, I have that choice.. that doesn't make it bad nor good, it just gives people a mindset before they judge the art.

Enix said:
Hes Dask for God sake...
Who is he?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
And let's go back to the art itself..if you guys want to argue about the meaning of abstract/surreal/super duper I don't care, do it somewhere else. -_-

In other words, back on the topic.

3n

Best answers
Okay, well on a personal stand point.. I too am not fond of the art I created. Strange? Yea, but that is how things are some times.

#edit

Lid said:
Just because it's "abstract" doesn't mean it's good. At all. Making random images ("oh its abstract" don't even try), calling it abstract and expecting praise is just signs of a bad artist.
3n said:
I know this is not decent, or good...
I have never said it was good or deserved praise in any of my posts, gg tho, nt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3n said:
Who is he?
Hes just another one of those artists who think they pwn
and like to start arguments with n00bies...

And umm...I don't think its bad art, it just doesn't make sence.
If the topic is called "emotional abstract", wheres the emotion
and wheres the abstract? Abstract can be like that some
times, it can be mindless, or hold a subliminal message, in which
this doesn't seem to, thats my understanding of "emotional
abstract". So i guess its just mindless abstract, ment for our
visual pleasure. :]

3n

Best answers
lol at the visual pleasure. At first it was inspired by the emtion of envy I felt inside, but I know I did not show it well at all in the picture. Thanks for the comments tho.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If its meant for visual pleasure, than it's conisdered "eye candy". Anyway's like I said, their is no emotion being found in these. I just sit and sit and nothing emotional.

3n

Best answers
3n said:
lol at the visual pleasure. At first it was inspired by the emtion of envy I felt inside, but I know I did not show it well at all in the picture. Thanks for the comments tho.
I have bolded the part you skipped over. You guys sure love to read to much into things, the funny thing is.. you don't read half of what you see.

Lid said:
Hey I didn't even read the thread
I can tell.

Now, as magus has posted before.. stay on topic. We keep playing the hot potatoe game, lets stop.

3n

Best answers
I never argued over the matter of it being bad or not.. obviously the past posts of mine were about it being abstract, once again.. that has nothing to do with it being good or bad. Gg, nt tho, you're fun lid.

You have seen me say it is bad in my standards.. and you say I try to prove people wrong, when they say it is bad... *shifty eyes* who has brain washed you?

#Edit,

Could a mod please close this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom