Elfen Lied

Best answers
Someone told me about this on another forum, so I thought I'd get all 13 episodes based on the reccomendation. I wasn't told much about it other than the fact that it's extremely violent, so I didn't know what to expect. Well, I started watching the first episode at around 5:30pm, I planned on watching one or two to see what it was like. Well here I am, 5 hours later having watched all 13 episodes. It was absoloutely fantastic from beggining to end. I just couldn't stop myself watching it. The characters are fantastically written and the story is incredibly compelling and emotionally charged.

What I especially liked is the way the handled the adult content. The violence isn't there for humor, and it isn't there to get people going "whoa, cool". It's very serious, and very brutal. A lot of the things made me cringe and I would say I've got a good stomach for these kind of things. *SPOILER*the scene where the dog gets beat to death, and where the children get killed was shocking imo*SPOILER*

I don't watch much anime. Ninja Scroll, Akira and DBZ are pretty much the only ones I've watched before. So when I say it rates right up there with Akira it might not sound like much, but when you consider that Akira is one of my favourite films ever I think you might just about understand how much I enjoyed Elfen Lied.

So, who else has seen this? What did you think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seen it, loved it. Lucy > everyone. The military scene from the first ep was downright brutal, and I loved it.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's in my top5 anime list ^^ I especially like the music in this anime, the opening is just beautifull.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
It's in my top5 anime list ^^ I especially like the music in this anime, the opening is just beautifull.
That's exactly what I was gonna say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't think it was mind-blowing or anything, but it was certainly an interesting deviation from the average predictable animes (like Bleach).

What I liked is that they killed *everything.* Men, women, children, regardless of cuteness or goodness. You'd meet a character, like in the first episode, that looks like it could be the protagonist... and they just die. Brutally. The result was this kind of paranoia I had for the rest of the characters, the main ones. Because I got this feeling that if they wanted they could kill ANY one of them, for the plot, since none of them were overtly focused on. The protagonist was a wimp with no powers or anything; the only people with strength were in fact, evil bastards. Except Nana. But she got RAVAGED and I was always fearing for her too, because I figured they could kill her any second as well.

I dunno. It was just cool because in 90% of anime shows, you know for a fact that **insert group of characters** will never die, ever. So when they're in a tight space, you're not really fearing for them because you know some crazy thing will happen and everybody will be OK. Totally different for Elfenlied. And they -didn't- kill them every time; sometimes, they'd just screw with you. So it was cool in that sense.

And Dr. Kurama was an awesome character. I like how your view of him changes completely throughout the course of the show. And Bando was the man's man. Too bad he always got trashed.

Best answers
One of last year's top anime. It's shocking, thought provoking, and beautiful. Not to mention hella sadistic :devgrin:

Best answers
So goory and its only 13 ep..so if you like cute anime girls,a little boob action..and a ****load of pawning with invisble "elfen" arm thingys..you have to watch it.

Best answers
I'll agree with Hitokiri. The "kill everything" attitude really did add a lot to the tension.
Yeah, Kurama was an awesome character. Very well developed throughout the course of the story. Bando was a mean son of a ***** though. During the episode where you're first introduced to him, I burst out laughing when he spun around and back handed the woman. Harsh as it was, it completely caught me off guard :D

Oh, and yeah, the opening music is awesome. I thought it was really effective when the same tune was used during episodes at key points aswell.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just seen the 8th episode...

Wow, just wow.. I seen Hellsing (also awesome) , samurai champloo, naruto and DBZ (even GT, yuck), but this is really something else (now, I haven't seen THAT much anime compared to some guys on this forum, but still), I really enjoy it!

But, the adult content, I can only see it at midnight when my parents are sleeping, they wouldn't understand the series at all...

I can't wait to see episode 9 tomorow ^^'

And I agree, the intro is very good, I love the song they use. :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
I just seen the 8th episode...

Wow, just wow.. I seen Hellsing (also awesome) , samurai champloo, naruto and DBZ (even GT, yuck), but this is really something else (now, I haven't seen THAT much anime compared to some guys on this forum, but still), I really enjoy it!

But, the adult content, I can only see it at midnight when my parents are sleeping, they wouldn't understand the series at all...

I can't wait to see episode 9 tomorow ^^'

And I agree, the intro is very good, I love the song they use. :)
Same here, my parents would probably think I'm watching a perverted cartoon.

Best answers
I thought it was alright. It had its good parts and its bad parts.
Sure theres cute little horney (horned?) pink haired chicks.
If you don't mind watching them rip eachother apart....
I wouldn't even watch the rest of episode 13 because of how it starts.
Gorey series, with alot of nudity. Weird stuff indeed. o_O

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
phrack50 said:
I thought it was alright. It had its good parts and its bad parts.
Sure theres cute little horney (horned?) pink haired chicks.
If you don't mind watching them rip eachother apart....
I wouldn't even watch the rest of episode 13 because of how it starts.
Gorey series, with alot of nudity. Weird stuff indeed. o_O
To me, weird = good. :D

I love the series, and yes the characters look cute, yet, its so mature, love it, just love it. :)

*edit*

Just watched the 13th episode, the last...

That one gave me chills at the end, allmost shedd a tear. :(

I'm a damn softie :p

Best answers
jp said:
Just watched the 13th episode, the last...

That one gave me chills at the end, allmost shedd a tear.
Heh, don't worry about it. I'll be the first to admit that I did actually shed a tear at that last episode :)

Best answers
Dread describes Elfen Lied for me. I was always dreading what Lucy would do, or what others would do to her. The very first scene where the chick gets her head ripped off set the pace for the rest of the series. In all I liked it.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-JLN- said:
Heh, don't worry about it. I'll be the first to admit that I did actually shed a tear at that last episode :)
Good!

Now I can admit I actually did too :(

Just saw the series again, heh, glad they put some humour in it too :)

Remember the part where #7 (can't remember name -_-) was hanging in her dream on a cross being yelled at by money? rofl

mdk

M
I have just recently recieved 12 of the Elfen Lied epics. The site that I should've been able to go to download #13 is down and has been for a while ( http://www.rpginfinity.com/ )

can anybody tell me where exactly I can go to download more Elfen lied without Bit Torrent and without having to pay...

PLEASE HELP ME OUT ON THIS SOMEBODY< I MUST SEE # 13 and #14
\
THANX

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I quiet enjoyed what I saw, (last episode I viewed was Lucy and Nana's second fight starting.) and I will say that it's not everything everyone made it out to be, but still quite good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too morbif for my taste. I watched the first episode and din't like it. A friend told me to watch another episode later on. I still didn't like it. Too much senseless violence, animal cruelty (you know the episode), and outrageous deaths of innocent people.

It's good when it's done in a dramatic way, but when they just start exploding left and right without anyone giving a damn, thats a little too much.

Lots of my Emo friends say this is the best anime ever. I can now see why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom