Elder Scrolls V has been Announced!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
"In their tongue, he is Novak'leen ... DRAGONBALL!"

"Skyrim" sounds like a terrible title for an Elder Scrolls game.

brainfeeder
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I played Morrowind.

It wasn't fun being forced to play a Dark Elf Spellblade.

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Played both. I find Morrowind better than Oblivion, though, and that's mostly because I spent months playing Morrowind. (4 long months... )

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Goodness, i need to know, how many of you guys HAVE played Morrowind?
Played it for almost 3 months, the found out about the mods and played for almost 2 more months

Always played under "The Tower" star and raided the Vivec vaults, then enchanted my armor with lvl 100 unlock and kept stealing everything i could :p . Fun times

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
"In their tongue, he is Novak'leen ... DRAGONBALL!"

"Skyrim" sounds like a terrible title for an Elder Scrolls game.
Skyrim is the homeland of Nords. It makes sense since most of the titles of Elder Scrolls were places.

Dragonball FTW!

I played Morrowind.

It wasn't fun being forced to play a Dark Elf Spellblade.
You chose the questionnaire to make your class? Tsk Tsk

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Never played Morrowind, Oblivion I liked, wasn't anything amazing and found myself forgetting about the main quest and doing nothing but sidequests till I got bored of the game, came back some time later and forced myself to finish the main game.

I might pick up this title but it depends what else I'm playing at the time.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That is the lowest standard of making someone's year I've seen in a while. Are you okay, Maj? D:
No, that'd be the release of Cataclysm making someone's year.

A new TES game is always welcome news. I haven't returned to Oblivion all that often, but Morrowind is still one of my favorite games from the last decade, easily. I remain hopeful that Skyrim will recapture the parts of Morrowind I greatly enjoyed whilst adding some innovation the lessen the more tedious aspects.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite part of this games announcement is that Bethesda isn't using Gamebryo engine anymore! Hurrah for Fallout 4!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
They have actually started development of another game. I have a feeling its Fallout 4.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dovakhiin. DRAGONBALL.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's dragon borne, not 'dragon ball' you bunch of knuckleheads.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Then why does it say Dragon Ball on Beths' character bio? did they get it wrong, too?

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Go to the TES Skyrim forums and check out the trailer break down. It's not dragonball...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Just cause you guys are a couple of Lazies, here's a Trailer Breakdown...

Official Skyrim Forums said:
Scene 1: a carved stone wall. In the bottom center, a mage/priest figure with a long beard is holding his arms up, in his right is some sort of scepter, in his left palm appears to be some sort of eye. To his left is a warrior/mage in heavy armor, with a polearm in his right hand and his right held forward, casting a spell. He also appears to be doing Thu'um. On the right is another warrior with what appears to be long hair, or perhaps magic. The background has many other figures, though the 3 take central importance. Most of the wall is taken up by a colossal, coiled dragon.
VO, black ground: "You should have acted."

Scene 2: close up of the left section of sn1, including what was previously off-camera. Shows several dragons spewing fire onto the cliffs while tiny people run away. Cliffs appear to have buildings carved into them, and a large rectangular structure with 4 half-arches (temple?) is also featured. Zoom into this structure.

Scene 3: close up of two dragons from previous scene, panning towards top-right. Cliff-buildings clearly visible.
VO: "They're already here. The Elder Scrolls told of their return."

Scene 4: close up of secondary figures on wall - people running, cowering, looking upwards. Some are on horses. Panning right.

Scene 5: Close up of 3 primary figures, panning out an up.
VO: "Their defeat was merely a delay."

Scene 6: Another wall detail - Akulakhan on the left, stylized Oblivion gate on the right, topped with what appears to be a Sigil tower. Slow zoom towards the gate.
VO: "Their defeat was merely delay. Til the time after Oblivion opened. "

Scene 7: close up of right side of the wall. Armored men fighting. The people on the right wear pretty solid armor, slit skirt things, and horned helmets. Those on the left have shorted, full skirts with slits and segmented armor, appearing more Imperial. Area below is segmented (some sort of platform?) and littered with what appear to be bodies. Slashing swords heard in background.
VO: "When the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. But no-one wanted to believe."

Scene 8: Same stone as the wall, but more relief. Slow pan down, revealing claw, wing, and eventually face of dragon, coming alive from within the stone. Dragon opens eye dramatically.
VO: "Believe they even existed.And when the truth finally dawns: It dawns in fire."

Scene 9: Dragon comes alive, fully 3D, out of a cliff. Apparently not part of the earlier wall. It stretches and breathes stylized stone 'fire' onto the stella. Little skeletal men are seen burning (think medieval manuscript illustrations of hell). Slow pan to an armored hand.
VO: "But..."

Scene 10: Armored leg, pan up.
VO: "There's one they fear."

Scene 11: Torso of an armored figure, standing in profile, a sword in his right hand and his left held in a fist in front of his head. He appears to have a mustache, and appears to be breathing fire (or perhaps performing Thu'um). His armor looks to be Lorica segmentata, suggesting Imperial origin. It is very similar to the Oblivion Blades armor. The fire wavers in front of him, not touching his person.
VO: "In their tongue, he's Dovahkiin"

Scene 12: Zoom in on guy's face.
VO: "Dragon Born!"

Scene 13: Skyrim logo, on black. The traditional TES theme (head in both MW and OB) plays in the background, this time with a male chanting choir.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No, that'd be the release of Cataclysm making someone's year.
Fair point, sir. Also, may I remind you that you should consider FC?! I will steal your maple syrup, Canadian.

As for the matter at hand, I don't think this will be anything amazing. Morrowind was amazing, because it was new, and ridiculously sandboxy. I played that game for so many hours. Hell, I watched people play for hours. Good times. Oblivion just wasn't the same, though.

brainfeeder
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I want Skyrim to sacrifice bloom and radial blur for gameplay, but it probably won't.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Bethesda Podcast ---->Link Click on 06 for stream.
Download

Nothing about the game though, still a good podcast.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a tour of Bethesda Game Studios by Todd Howard himself.

Some sweet Skyrim concept art in there.

[video=youtube;L5zVawg-J-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5zVawg-J-w[/video]

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting Interviews. I like how he got into Bethesda by just constantly nagging them, goes to show how much things can change by just trying. Few tidbits of Skyrim info.

[video=youtube;lvsKrDHBZQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvsKrDHBZQI[/video]

[video=youtube;kvpoR7knnI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpoR7knnI0[/video]

[video=youtube;qBsd0H1pAHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBsd0H1pAHo[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom