Eidos Launching With Steam

Best answers
Legendary Catalogue of New Releases and Best Sellers Coming to Leading Online Platform

Eidos Interactive, one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, and Valve? today announce an agreement to deliver dozens of new and best-selling PC titles via Steam.

This first agreement includes complete franchise sets of classics such as Tomb Raider, Commandos, and many of the Hitman titles. In addition, Eidos is bringing some of this year's most highly anticipated releases to Steam, including Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Championship Manager 2007, and more.

"For over 10 years, Eidos has been a leading publisher on every major gaming platform," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "Offering legendary action franchises in complete sets and working with Eidos to deliver new releases is a great step forward in our efforts to expand Steam's offerings, and to do so in ways that provide highest value to customers."

Arriving today, the first wave of Eidos titles available to Steam gamers around the world includes many of the Hitman titles, Battlestations: Midway, Just Cause, and the entire Commandos series. Pricing information is available at www.steamgames.com, and news of additional Eidos games heading to Steam will be announced in the coming weeks.

"Eidos is delighted to add Steam to our extensive digital distribution network. Steam represents an opportunity to distribute our games electronically to millions of gamers around the world," said Tom Marx, Senior Business Development Manager: New Media at Eidos. "It also provides us a direct connection to these extremely active PC influencers who frequent Steam as a source for new content and information. As a result of being a spotlight feature on Steam this year, we expect to see sales of Tomb Raider: Anniversary benefit across all channels."
Hitman? Nice. Can't wait for Tomb Raider either.

Eidos Interactive, one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, and Valve? today announce the availability of an additional six games via Steam, a leading platform for the distribution of PC Games.

The latest wave includes games from the highly-acclaimed Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Thief series of games. Plus catch the Eidos Action Gang, a limited-time collection featuring Just Cause, Project: Snowblind, and Rogue Trooper together for just $59.95.

For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And Steam claims another victim. Makes me sick.
Oh stfu w/ the anti-steam stuff man. No one is forcing you to buy it from Steam, it's just there for people who want the option to buy it from Steam and there's nothing wrong with that.

In any case, I've heard that sales in general from Steam aren't quite as high as valve would like them to be, they're a bit dissapointed..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually pretty happy about this. I mean, I won't be buying any of the games, but it's nice to know that if I were to do so, I could just download them from steam. That's a lot easier than having to wait for a bus or train to take me to the nearest ebgames.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome, I was thinking of buying Hitman, but its like 20 bucks here in the store than in Steam lol.

Oh stfu w/ the anti-steam stuff man. No one is forcing you to buy it from Steam, it's just there for people who want the option to buy it from Steam and there's nothing wrong with that.
+1. I wonder why everyone is still Anti-Steam? I mean faster updates... and theres no lag like what the WON servers used to have..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
+1. I wonder why everyone is still Anti-Steam? I mean faster updates... and theres no lag like what the WON servers used to have..
I still play on WON servers, not one has lagged for me. Steam, however, never drops my ping below 70. Plus the point that it takes an eternity to launch after not being launched for a week, except in offline mode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is great. The worst thing it does is make me update once in a while. I bought RO:Ost off it, and I'll probably get my HL2 Ep 1+2 off it too once the package bundle comes out.

Whatever people had to complain about Steam in the past is gone now, so get off it already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is great. The worst thing it does is make me update once in a while. I bought RO:Ost off it, and I'll probably get my HL2 Ep 1+2 off it too once the package bundle comes out.

Whatever people had to complain about Steam in the past is gone now, so get off it already.
Heh, say whatever you want, I still prefer WON over Steam. When it was still alive, it had manual updating, which I think was the best part of it. It had good ping, a nice layout unlike Steam, and I never had one bug on WON, while on Steam I've had a few. Not to mention the times it's ****ed up because of an update.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still play on WON servers, not one has lagged for me. Steam, however, never drops my ping below 70. Plus the point that it takes an eternity to launch after not being launched for a week, except in offline mode.
WON no longer exists.

It's nice to see Steam expand. It's becoming a lot bigger than I originally thought.

Best answers
i'm with steam on this one, there is always a good selection of servers with good ping, the updates have never really caused me problems, and the ability to buy and download games is great. i can't wait for some of these titles to hit stea.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Typical Valve propaganda. It's still alive, but I'm not saying anything about it here.
WON was shut down a while ago. There is however a WON2, but it's an unofficial online gaming service (completely different from WON), which can only be accessed through illegal means. Not to mention VALVe's games weren't the only games using WON as WON was originally owned by Sierra, and Sierra's games ran on the WON service.

I think EA is trying to compete with their EA Link, but they are far from coming close to Steam. I can imagine though that in a few years, you would be able to buy movies off of Steam.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about that. Like I said, Steam sales have been pretty dissapointing, I would think because they give little incentive to choose Steam over a retail box (prices are the same) and the lack of advertising.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WON was shut down a while ago. There is however a WON2, but it's an unofficial online gaming service (completely different from WON), which can only be accessed through illegal means. Not to mention VALVe's games weren't the only games using WON as WON was originally owned by Sierra, and Sierra's games ran on the WON service.

I think EA is trying to compete with their EA Link, but they are far from coming close to Steam. I can imagine though that in a few years, you would be able to buy movies off of Steam.
It doesn't have to be accessed through illegal means, it's exactly like WON only it has a different server, all you have to do is type your CD key when you run Half-Life the first time.

Not to mention VALVe's games weren't the only games using WON as WON was originally owned by Sierra, and Sierra's games ran on the WON service.
They still do actually, try Aliens vs. Predator 2.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really dont get the hating steam thing, steam is actually more friendly for mod production and gives new capabilities, while also being a great easy to use interface and gives great customer service, especially for the price of something like half life. If you don't want all that, and you want your old rickety WON with less capabilities be my guest. That's my view on Half Life and steam anyway.

I like how steam works with purchasing games, however its a bit of a shame in a way since the prices remain fixed much longer than they do in the shops I find. It is great how you can go onto any computer in the world and download what is rightfully yours.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah? How would you call it? Anyway Manual > Automatic
So having your login and password automatically entered for you when you're browsing the web, having your anti virus automatically update to the most recent virus definitions, and having your iPod automatically sync with your computer when you connect it are all bad things? You would rather actually have to bother with these things all the time? Hell, even automatic doors are better than their manual counterparts.

The only automatic thing I dislike is MS Word's formatting, and that's because it causes more problems than it solves (which is really more of a MS thing than anything).

Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic, either stop with the Steam bashing and add some usefully comments or get the hell out of my topic. I didn't make this to debate over WON and Steam, I made this topic to discuss Eidos teaming with Steam. If you want to debate WON/Steam make your own topic.

I get quite sick of seeing the WON>Steam bull****. WON for me was very bad and never worked right. Steam has always worked right for me and I've never had any problems with it.

If you think that running games on old patches, not auto-updating to newer patches that fixes bugs, adds maps, etc. is good then fine. but keep it out of this topic.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And Steam claims another victim. Makes me sick.
of course... a system which makes it possible for you to never have to worry about losing a CD, because it keeps a record of all your purchases, regardless of how many times you format/reinstall/move house/break your pc, is such a bad thing that it must die horribly.

grow up.

oh, and tsunami is right, we are not here to compare WON to STEAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom