Education Question

Retired
Best answers
I Need Some Help Guys, I'm finishing my Year of Computer Industry Certification, which means i come out of it with my A+ and Network + Cerrtification.

My Question is this. My Parents, Teachers and Friends want me to go onto an Advanced College Class Where i can get my Cisco and Microsoft Certifications along with advanced networking stuff. The Course is 2 Years at $12,000 for both years which includes a laptop and Books.

In that 2 years its full time school and no time to work. My question to you guys is this. Would you Give up the 2 Years of a Styeady Income to go to School and Maybe get a better job in return? or would you just play it safe and stay with your current job?.

Thanks In Advance Guys, I'm super Confused and Have no Idea exactly what to do with my life.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if you are allowed some space between now and taking the course, I'd say accumulate some more money to keep as a slush fund, adn then take the course. The more work you put into your education, the better paying the position you will recieve is. Obviously you wouldn't want to complete eradicate any money you have, but you would be making up for it once you found a good career nestled in a major company like Cisco or MS. I would not pass up the course, it is quite an opportunity. Besides, I'm sure you could drop the course, sell your books back to the college, and same with the laptop. If it were me, I'd say go into the course.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya LS, Do it, you got the support of you family, and I'm sure they'd help you out, In the worst case scenario you'd have to lvie with your parents, assuming your not, hell you got a GF she could help you.

If it were up to me and I had the brains as you do I'd take it! You have me and Majins support.

Best answers
Do it, you don't want to end up like my dad did starting at the bottum of the chain, learning as you advance and eventually get to the pay you could of had when you had the better education to start.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been down that road LS . . . finish your education. MSCE is a nice thing to put on your resume . . .

Retired
Best answers
Thanks Guy. I still havn't made up my mind at all. I'm in between a rock and a hard spot.

The only thing thats really holding me back from it all is 1 thing, My Girl Friend. I'm just abit worried that if i do decide to go college i'll opnly be able to see her once a week or so, i dun't wanna screw up something that i have so good with her with school. I talked to her abit about it today and she said school was more important then us going out, however as soon as i brought up the subject of it maybe breaking us up she went silent and didn't say anything.

I dunno what i'm gonna do with this. Hopefully i can decide soon

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tuff choice but if the industry drives your to do it, the do it. there is alot of money to be made with the right education. and if your girl friend went silent on that question its prolly because she already knows u guys arnt going to make it or u just gave her the impression that u wanted to break up with her. personally my belif is that if she is really that into u she will wait, and if she isnt u just saved yourself alot of time. id go with the chance at a better job.

Best answers
You should tell your GF if she likes/loves (Don't know ur pref) That she should have faith and stick with you through it even though it my be a tough time for your relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom