Ebay auction ever piss you off?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then sue them!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDK6ctRjqw

Basically, two women bought two phones for ~450 and the seller sent them two photos of the phones. So... they sued her. Did they win? How much did they get? You'll find out ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh, pwnt?

Why did she keep denying it?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I'm older, smarter; if you live to be 120, you're not going to be as smart as I am in one finger".

Judge Judy never ceases to amaze me.

Nice find.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm under the impression that all cases in Judge Judy are fake, but if it's real, that's pretty awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I'm under the impression that all cases in Judge Judy are fake, but if it's real, that's pretty awesome.
I'm pretty sure that at the end of the show it states all the cases and people involved are real, or something.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, people are real, it's impossible for a person to be fake. As for the cases being real, I do think they base the episodes on real cases, I just think they.. change it, a lot. I could be wrong.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is what I found on Wikipedia:
The cases on Judge Judy are real, and Sheindlin operates according to the principles of the American legal system. She conducts her court in a manner similar to U.S. appellate courts and many international courts, taking on a more inquisitorial fashion. There are no lawyers present and participants defend themselves, which is standard in a small claims court. The people who appear on her show sign a waiver agreeing that arbitration in her court is final and cannot be pursued elsewhere unless she dismisses the case without prejudice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Well, people are real, it's impossible for a person to be fake. As for the cases being real, I do think they base the episodes on real cases, I just think they.. change it, a lot. I could be wrong.
Wikipedia said:
The cases on Judge Judy are real, and Sheindlin operates according to the principles of the American legal system. She conducts her court in a manner similar to U.S. appellate courts and many international courts, taking on a more inquisitorial fashion. There are no lawyers present and participants defend themselves, which is standard in a small claims court. The people who appear on her show sign a waiver agreeing that arbitration in her court is final and cannot be pursued elsewhere unless she dismisses the case without prejudice. The award for each judgment is paid by the producers of the show from a fund reserved for each case. The remainder of the fund is split between the parties for a particular case.
I guess they're real :p... so are the people.

-edit- Bah, MC!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...so the money awarded doesn't even come from the other side? Some penalty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. It's like watching a street cop yell at a teenager... except it's a really angry old woman, and she's a judge. I never really understood these ridiculous "judge with extreme personality" shows.

(but that was pretty funny)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah sweet sweet justice. Common sense to boot.

Best answers
Jimdapredator said:
so wait... what if one of the participants is a lawyer?
Then they have an advantage of knowledge over the law.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was great. This goes to show you how stupid people are. She kept countering their claims with "It says clearly they're photos". You know, obviousness aside, if I were Judge Judy I'd ask "What makes you think someone would want to bid on photos of cell phones for that high a price when, if they wanted to, print the photos in their own homes? Better yet, "fat" darling, why would you auction photos of cell phones? And, had it been a joke, would you have the conscience to notify bidders they're "just pictures" if they misunderstood something? No, because your auction description clearly indicates this is an actual cell phone. You thought you were so smart, thinkin' you'd fool people - you're a fat scam." Just to squeeze the truth out of her, you know. And that's basically what Judge Judy was saying, "you'll weigh more than me but you'll always be dumber." Judge Judy Justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom