easy new transformation

Best answers
yeh, a huge shockwave, but only for the first transformation with a long transforming sequence.. that would be cool. I also think people should be immune while transforming, i hate melee'ers who attack me while i'm transforming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Immune while transforming= unrealistic. I mean, they DON'T do it in DBZ, but it isn't because they just plain can't (most of the time anyway.) It's mostly cause they're curious, or aghast, or something. I meet some honorable players who wait till my hair turns yellow before planting a foot in my mouth. It's all a matter of community.

And uh, forget the blinding flash. One thing I noticed is that when people go SSJ in the show, there's sort of a flash of yellow and then suddenly it's them and they have the aura and all this crap. Maybe instead of a flash, you could just give the model a heavy yellow glow right at the end (sorta like what happen's to vegeta's model when he FF's)so that we can barely see what's happening with the model but it doesn't really disrupt our eyes or anything.

And for krillin.... well what can you do. Make a telephone booth and have him jump in it like that other guy said :rolleyes:

Ehhh but I trust the team bleh bleh this is kinda pointless.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well instead of a flash, turbo should kick on when you transform, that wound be better. no blinding light or shockwave to worry about. and i think cell should be immune while he transforms into perfect cell, he was immune when he transformed while fighting trunks.

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ3_G0tenks
yeh, a huge shockwave, but only for the first transformation with a long transforming sequence.. that would be cool. I also think people should be immune while transforming, i hate melee'ers who attack me while i'm transforming.
i think that should only be used by cell, if used at all, when turning perfect like he did in the show, that was kick ass!

Best answers
I agree with the fact that you are open to attacks while blind, but its not like you can move when you transform anyway. maybe it should be an opaque light around your character as to hide the transition, just to make it smoother, not so BING super saiyan!

or if you attack someone who is transforming, the attacker is blinded like a point blank solar flare????<---I like this idea!

OOOOO i just had another idea! maybe a roar of anger when you are swooping, that would rock!
!!-off topic but im the author!! :p

and about the post about turbo kicking on. My point was to mask the character while the transition from normal to ssj took place, so as to hide the.....powerup..AHHHHHHH!...POOF super saiyan. I just think it looks choppy.

SpoT

Best answers
I love the transformations don't get me wrong but some characters, its a lil off beat. For example gohan yells and yells and after the tranformation he transforms? Me don't likey, how about transform WHILE he is yelling? This goes the same for many characters, its not a big deal, but i thought in the show while they were yelling they would transform not after the fact ;)

Off topic:- 100 posts, w00t!
Holy crap on a crutch, its been 7 days and you reached 100?, it took me 5 months, impressed. Maybe you were the fastest forum member to reach 100 without sppamming in such a short period of time

Best answers
how bout we do this, a fade transation from normal to ssj.

It should elapse in about 1/4 second (not saying the who trans should be 1/4 second, just the animation going to normal to ssj)

Here is how it should fade

Keyframes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Opacity Normal 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0
Opacity SJJ 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
Total Opacity Added 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100

Best answers
or even better a camera that circles around the character while he is powering up..... the mouth would look stupid but they could always just make a skin for the transormation? ok maybe not... I cant read code man sorry but could you explain a little better? please. but the idea for going super saiyan while screaming is a ba-ss one. with the obscuring light flash and the circling camera it will be totaly awsome.

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ3GOHAN
Holy crap on a crutch, its been 7 days and you reached 100?, it took me 5 months, impressed. Maybe you were the fastest forum member to reach 100 without sppamming in such a short period of time
actually, i joined the 3rd :)

anyway, on topic, that fade could work, but it might be a bit too much work for the animaters. The ESF team are doing there best to make this úber cool, and i think it will be. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe just the body could flash for a half a second like in budokai for ps2

Best answers
Immune while transforming= unrealistic. I mean, they DON'T do it in DBZ, but it isn't because they just plain can't (most of the time anyway.) It's mostly cause they're curious, or aghast, or something. I meet some honorable players who wait till my hair turns yellow before planting a foot in my mouth. It's all a matter of community.
Well, Some jackasses are like that. Once they see that you can become more powerful They Wont let you Transform. But there are some people "Like me" Who lets them transform And then it will be a fair fight. It goes back on that old saying

"Treat Others The Way You Would Like To Be Treated"

Best answers
haha thats why the shock wave would be cool, another thing that would be sweet (and im totally dreamin here, i dont think its even possible) but having a wind effect that pushes other players if they get too close, the higher the Pl the more the wind. It would make ssj2 that much more sweet.

Best answers
Originally posted by SSj SpoT-ShooT
look I was thinking that the transformation in the beta 1 looks kind of choppy ie. when you transform your guy screams and gets pissed and all that good stuff, but before he goes ssj or whatever, the model jumps from normal to ssj, and frankly it looks bad. im no programmer/mapper/model maker. but i think that when you go ssj, right before you transform there should be a flash of light for like 1 second(like a solar flare), just to cover up the transition from normal to ssj. good idea? bad idea? comments? just a thought...

SpoT ShooT

(only real counter strike player left)
This has been discussed for a long time... I want the light when u change models.... But I don't know if something else is planned to cover it up... But 1 thing or the other will be done.

Best answers
lol I wasnt really expecting to get an answer from a moderator! :D
thats cool. it was just that I thought that it was choppy, wanted to get my opinion out to see if others agreed, seems pretty positive, thanks guys:)

SpoT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom