Best answers
Can anyone please tell me what the easiest mapping prog is? I've heard of Worldcraft and a few others. I've tried Worldcraft and wanna know if there's anythin' easier than that. So can anyone let me know what they think is the easiest? Thanks,

:devgrin: Warrior Elite :devgrin:

Best answers
There're no easy mapping programs.... After a lot of practice it's easy, but in the beginning it's always difficult.... You should try Worldcraft, it's the easiest HL mapping program and it's easy to compile for ESF. Do some tuts and it will work out [look at the stickies]...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can Quark compile for Half-Life? Becuase I've heard that's simpler than WorldCraft. But you should learn WorldCraft anyhow, it's the best HL mapping software out there IMO, and I think others will agree with that.
Read tuts, make practice maps, and learn the controls. You'll be good at it before you know it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
quark = harder to understand but overall much better
Valve hammer = easier to understand, hard to master, more crashes/bugs etc with it but u must start with it

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
yeah, quark is not easy to start ... i tryed it 10 mins abd didnt got anything ^^ so i keept using worldcraft (now hammer ^^) .. when i have more time, ill take another look on quark ^^

Best answers
ive used quark b4 years ago to make quake maps 4 myself but now i use hammer. im currently using gensurf with it to make good terrain however it don't work at mo.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
gensurf is ***. make it by yourself, but dont use stupid terrain generators :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom