• dunno/dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no esf is to good

• NEVER WE LOVE ESF!

• Total voters
Best answers
ok i think its become appernt that alot of people are trying to mod this mod and im wondering if ne 1 thinks that any of mods of the mod will surpass the mod

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So no mather who surpasse the ESF mod esf it's still esf and ESF player will only play ESF and the noob's will only play esf addons but the realy skill it's in ESF not in esf addons, so i say no other esf addon can surpasse ESF never in there life

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ryguy5357 said:
ok i think its become appernt that alot of people are trying to mod this mod and im wondering if ne 1 thinks that any of mods of the mod will surpass the mod
No. Why? Because the modifications for this modification are not being made by the one and only ESF team. Sure someone will come along and make something that surpasses ESF, but the fact remains that it had to be based off of ESF instead of being designed in a manner similiar to how ESF started. I don't see why all of these ESF modifications don't just go and start their own Half-Life Dragon Ball Z modifications, you get more out of it then adding onto a modification that's still in development.

Most of the ESF modifications I've seen just add what ESF is going to eventually have, so basically those modifications are wasting their time. Sure it's hard work, and granted those modifications have a stable fan base, but it's just that they are using ESF as a basis rather than just starting their own Dragon Ball Z modification from stratch.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
No. Why? Because the modifications for this modification are not being made by the one and only ESF team. Sure someone will come along and make something that surpasses ESF, but the fact remains that it had to be based off of ESF instead of being designed in a manner similiar to how ESF started. I don't see why all of these ESF modifications don't just go and start their own Half-Life Dragon Ball Z modifications, you get more out of it then adding onto a modification that's still in development.

Most of the ESF modifications I've seen just add what ESF is going to eventually have, so basically those modifications are wasting their time. Sure it's hard work, and granted those modifications have a stable fan base, but it's just that they are using ESF as a basis rather than just starting their own Dragon Ball Z modification from stratch.
Good poit , there r a wast of time , yes there r good now but i can still wait for esf 1.3 and after it's out esf 1.3 will still be beter then other addons so no mather of the addon whit SSJ 100 ,ESF 1.3 melee ESF addon

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes and no. I think 1.2 has some flaws and I know at least one addon/mod-mod that is trying to correct them as part of the first release. Any additional content on top of that is purely a bonus.

Of course none of them are going to surpass 1.3, i'm pretty sure they know that, they can't beat the ESF team at their own game. That's not really a fair comparison from what we've seen, like comparing Counter-Strike (mod for Half-Life 1) to Half-Life 2. The step up to 1.3 is giant and no addon/mod-mod comes close.

However, once 1.3, the last release, is made public and patched for bug-fixes, the team will be done with it but the community wont. The addon/mod-mod community will make content for 1.3 without another official release to beat them.

1.2 < 1.2 Addon < 1.3 < 1.3 Addon.

My prediction.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can say both yes and no. People modding ESF for BTL or EVM are certainly not the ESF creators. All they have done is take the original engine design and re-amp the graphic aspects, such as the aura, added transforms and basically made the attacks more flashy.

But then again, when 1.3 comes out, and ESF is "done" working on the mod, save for small bug patches and the like, then the ESF modders will have new material to add onto. Some addons will just be sprites, models or other graphic elements. Some may go so far as to add new characters if they were really good with the HL engine, so really, at that point the good stuff they add would improve upon the original. Not all of course, many as we already know will be duds. Well, that's my 2 cents.

Best answers
ESF will never be surpassed by addons. Because addons are based on ESF. And a game based on another game cannot surpass the game that it's based on(if you can call the addon game).You should ask this question about other Dragonball Z Half-Life mods.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Punishing said:
ESF will never be surpassed by addons. Because addons are based on ESF. And a game based on another game cannot surpass the game that it's based on(if you can call the addon game).You should ask this question about other Dragonball Z Half-Life mods.
ESF allready surpassa other DBZ hl modification's ESF it's to goob to be surpassa yeah they can surpassa in graphic in number of caracter but it can't not be surpassa in gameplay

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
However, once 1.3, the last release, is made public and patched for bug-fixes, the team will be done with it but the community wont. The addon/mod-mod community will make content for 1.3 without another official release to beat them.

1.2 < 1.2 Addon < 1.3 < 1.3 Addon.

My prediction.
My thoughts exactly. o/

1.3 will own, you can count on that, but after it's released, the community will no doubt mod it to make it even better.

Best answers
john_volkov said:
ESF allready surpassa other DBZ hl modification's ESF it's to goob to be surpassa yeah they can surpassa in graphic in number of caracter but it can't not be surpassa in gameplay
Well as you can see most people are playing unbalanced games and with weak gameplay but with good graphics .

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good graphics? ESF is pushing the Half-Life engine to it's limits in that field. Sure you can go further, but that requires a bit of coding. Someone was able to add bump-mapping (among other things) to Half-Life, though it's not on par to what most modern games have.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, people are really divided about this! Now this is a good poll! There's bump mapping in HL? Where? I haven't seen it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah I saw the bump-mapping thing on VERC - you wouldn't recognise it as the Half-Life 1 engine, more like Half-Life 1.5.

Novodex physics, there's another thing that could be coded into a Half-Life mod, but it wouldn't improve the graphics, and it wouldn't do much for gameplay in a game like ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF could use various "Shaders" too. Remember they made Mechmod with some cool Shaders. These could be in ESF to as an extra Feature for people with good comps.
___
Anyway.
ESF Addon can add new features where are left out of the Mod itself and/or change stuff also to make it sometimes more enjoyable (Teleport Timelimit remove etc...).

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So if they make the game more enjoyable so what ?The game suld be more balance then more enjoyable

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They can also change the balancing aspects of the game.
BUT enjoyable > gameplay

I wouldnt like to play i dont like but has an better gameplay then a game i like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
So if they make the game more enjoyable so what ?The game suld be more balance then more enjoyable
So you would like the game better if everyone was the same, had the same powerlevel, health, speed, etc, same transformations and everything?

That would suck, it would ruin the game, and you know it. =/

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
So you would like the game better if everyone was the same, had the same powerlevel, health, speed, etc, same transformations and everything?

That would suck, it would ruin the game, and you know it. =/
If it's balance but this is to balance (and don't tell me you don't like Counter-strike ?same money same healt same speed )some one will have a biger life but a smaller speed , and stuff like this

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
WTF buddy? If a game is unbalanced, but enjoyable, then by all frickin' means, put enjoyability first! That's like having a block party and saying "Who cares if any of this is fun as long as we have an even amount of guacamole, onion dip and salsa next to the ruffles?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom