💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this was about the game and i will not go to a randomly party
So just ESF 1.3 > ESF 1.3 addons

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Addons, provided the design process and plans are well met seem to be ok. I dislike EVM as it currently is, but I use to love playing with evm back in the 1.1 days. I also breifly played EEA at a friend's place aswell. If mods can offer something unique, are designed well with balance or what players want to see in the game and what they offer makes for fun gameplay then I'm all for playing a addon.

One example can pint to EVM, people wanted fusion and fusion was implemented in EVM. So those who wanted fusion got fusion if they had isntall EVM, however the only flaw of the system being who controls, how skilled they are etc (the otehr guy participating in the fusion could get pissed off at the other guy for getting the fusion killed and start insulting others on the server).

If people were to consider this a addon, I use the melee/kiblast/gen balls/beams attack plugin, as pro fighting these days is the most enjoyment I usually get out of esf these days. I also try to convince/encourage newer players to paly this way seeing as it will help with their skill delveloping in esf should they have the chance to play under these circumstances.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
If people were to consider this a addon, I use the melee/kiblast/gen balls/beams attack plugin, as pro fighting these days is the most enjoyment I usually get out of esf these days. I also try to convince/encourage newer players to paly this way seeing as it will help with their skill delveloping in esf should they have the chance to play under these circumstances.
Play what way?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Play using only melee, ki blasts and generics. Basically no unique or strong attacks.

nge

Best answers
It's the best way to become good at the game.

Anyways, the mods up to this point for ESF have turned an otherwise great game into a steaming pile of garbage. So long as the modders keep their current mindset, they're just going to chug out more garbage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's only been three releases I think.

EEA for 1.1 - Ownage, used to use it. The only thing it changed was adding a cool and useful power-charging feature and all the trans' in Z.

EVM for 1.2 - Lots of content and a few changes, generally disliked on these boards yet the maintains a high number of servers, adding new features people clamoured for like Fusion and all the transformations, hey if it works for you then thats fine.

And the other one, that makes 1.2 play more like 1.1, with higher speeds, more than two hits in basic melee combos and no tele delay. Again, if that fits your style of play (1.1, 'pro') then it works.

Depending on the type of gameplay experience you want, i'd argue that none of these addons have failed or made the game worse, just different. They're not mandatory so it doesn't really affect you if you don't want to play them anyway.

Best answers
I say yes until ESF 1.3 comes out. after whuich I am sure that I wont look tweice at mods for this mod. EVM is a filler, i think. I just like the ahir of Goku at ssj3 :D
Anyway, no matter what, how or why, ESF 1.3 will pwn and we can free some space by booting EVM

Best answers
USSJ Gohan, please share your wisdom with is. Wich is the mod that has already surpassed ESF? Better not be Evm...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ace005 said:
USSJ Gohan, please share your wisdom with is. Wich is the mod that has already surpassed ESF? Better not be Evm...
What are you talking about, he hasn't even posted in this thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Click on the numbers in the poll to see who voted for what.

I think it's a bit blind to say that 1.3 will never be made better through addons. If it just adds one fix or one new character, then it's better by a small amount.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But Still ESF 1.3 will be beter

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I think a mod plays best without alterations. I liked EVM for a long while, but going back to ESF was far more satisfying. So, in short, "NEVER WE LOVE ESF!!!BAD!!!GRAMMAR!!!!!"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've looked around and I haven't seen anything that remotely compares to ESF, and I don't expect to in the foreseeable future. There's plenty of things I could say about the general (anime) mod community, but this is neither the time nor place for that.

There's no need to single people out who didn't vote what you did, though. Opinions are like asses; everybody has one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
Opinions are like asses; everybody has one.
I dont. I thought that was normal ;_;

I say, this is how I break it down.

EVM
I like to play EVM once in a while, but it's when im excessively bored and want to **** around. I usually never play EVM hardcore and try to kill anyone. Hell, most of the time its only against bots.

ESF
I play ESF for the sake of playing. I love actually going around and playing and fighting. Though there might not be tons of eye candy, but it sure as hell is fun.

So it's relaly undecided which is funner. EVM is fun for its eye candy and humongous blasts, but ESF is fun for its fast gameplay.

Best answers
Punishing said:
And a game based on another game cannot surpass the game that it's based on
What about Counter-Strike? ;) I think there are much more CS-players than HL-players.

Although I have not played any ESF-mod up to now, I think small mods which patch bugs or something have a right to exist...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AndiNo said:
What about Counter-Strike? ;) I think there are much more CS-players than HL-players.
He said "Based on", not "Built on". And besides, Counter-Strike is practically it's own game. It relates in no way to Half-Life (Other than being built on the same engine).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AndiNo said:

Although I have not played any ESF-mod up to now, I think small mods which patch bugs or something have a right to exist...
That's the reason why Half-Life is basically the most played game, because of the modifications.

• Half Life - 70,081
  • Half Life 2 - 54,070
  • Battlefield 2 - 17,374
  • Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - 8,962
  • Unreal Tournament 2004 - 5,867
  • Americas Army: Special Forces - 4,204
That's what I see everytime I go to Gamespy.com, Half-Life being the most played.

EVM and all of those ESF modifications aren't patches and they've created more bugs then they supposedly fixed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
That's the reason why Half-Life is basically the most played game, because of the modifications.
Not true. Half-Life is one of the most popular games because you can play it on virtually any system, as it doesn't require jack for system specs. Most people play Half-Life because they're systems aren't good enough to play anything better.

For example: If half the people who play Counter-Strike had the most state-of-the-art systems in existence, I guaren-damn-tee they'd be playing CSS instead (Or other games, use your imagination).

Best answers
yeah same goes for warcraft, Quake, age of Empires and Diablo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom