earthbound, yayzors

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
magus brought it up in another thread, and so here it is.

i plan to make the full set in this style (basic colors/low poly), all the characters and maybe even a few monsters and an environment.

this isnt my first ness model, in fact its probabaly my 3rd or 4th, this is by far the one closest to the original games art style though.

I used to work for a HL mod based off earthbound that was driven into the ground at no fault of my own (hell i wasnt even technically on the mod team, i worked as a donator) i made all 4 characters, Ness, Poo, Jeff, and Paula, weapons for each of them, and even a kick ass Mr.Saturn model that had a wiggly little dancing animation, kinda blows that it was all for nothing but it was fun making them.

several maps were made and they were amazing to see, but the mod itself never really made it out of closed beta and eventually everyone just stopped working on it =(.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sexeh, but his head looks a bit flat, maybe scale it out a bit from the side.

Discord Member
Best answers
Looks nice..to be honest i never saw the earthbound show probably 'cause I'm from Croatia...so yeah

Pretty low poly..wonder how it looks under hyper nurbs
Is there a way to implement animatable textures in HL..that way you could do the mouth animations...head etc...hehe..its just me dreaming

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its an old super nintendo game, not a show =).

yeah i know the head is kinda messed atm, its sitting back too far on the neck too =/, ive tried a few different things with it but so far this is the best ive got.

its just a simple scaling thing i know, but meh im lazy XD.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

O_O

now see i figured someone else wouldve posted about poo, so i started on jeff and was gonna post the update then.......

finished jeff and lo and behold no posts, so i start paula.......

and now she is done and i still have to DP to show it, you bastards XD.

paula turned out kinda ****ty, barely looks like her original style however i made sure to make ness look right and built all the other models from him so even if they dont look 100% true to the original game they do all at least have a similar style.

want to make an enemy now, but not sure where im gonna start, Starmen are the trademark villain in the game but they are too simple =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They look secksehh. Even though you said you didn't want to, i'd still love to see some shading on them all. They look good and accurate from what I can remember, I never got into earthbound but I do remember some of the character designs.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Hehe, I remember nuttzy working on these a while back.

I recall a video with some Toshiro Masuda background music with a character rocking out with a guitar :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not sure how far you want to go with the Texture but i think you could push ouot pretty more , especially the fingers maybe? >-< if any?
Nice was to do projects though. nice ones. To bad i dont know about that game.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, I remember nuttzy working on these a while back.

I recall a video with some Toshiro Masuda background music with a character rocking out with a guitar :laff:
these are actually completely different ones XD, recently found the originals though but i no longer have HLMV or milshape so i cant really use em.

and about the hand textures, =/, thay are potato hands, not a whole lot i can do with em

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
good ol' HLEB, heh.

Nice stuff nuttzy was a map pack for HLDM because without a coder they acted like they had one, and they neglected the coders they had ;p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not to say the "coders" of HLEB did nothing though, they did manage to at least get the new hud up and running. but thats about all. They also scaled down the engine same as ESF, i remember some nasty hitboxing problems because of it =(.

i know the mod would never be popular really, even if it did succeed. But given that it was featured in real a magazine (along with pictures of my models <3) it kinda sucks that it never made it public.

on a related note, im working on a few monsters NPC chars right now. would make some monsters but who can resist bubble monkey?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom