earth special forces xash3d engine

Discord Member
Best answers
There's nothing wrong with anchoring the smoke effect to the rocks if you can make it work. Right now they are a yellow blotch that doesn't look like they're trailing after the rock; it looks like you've connected it to a specific section on one side of the rock and just left it at that. The result being that the smoke effect is, more often than not, falling in front of the rock, instead of trailing behind it - this doesn't look right and it doesn't make sense.

The rocks tumble through the air, but the effect stays in the same position so it looks silly. I get the impression that what you're trying to attempt is complex, so maybe you should drop the idea if you can't figure it out. I don't model or anything of the sort, so I can't answer technical questions; I can only suggest things.

Is there any way to make a "face" for the rock model? And make the face constantly change depending on gravity and how it is currently moving through the air? This way you could keep the tumbling effect and the smoke will adapt with it so it doesn't look static. Or maybe do what Kynetik suggested, and make it a separate entity that is still attached to the model. So the rock model still tumbles, but the smoke is connected to it in a different way; it shouldn't spin with it this way. As a side, the effect itself is very odd, and I never would have guessed it was smoke unless you pointed it out to me.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop with the spam please

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Can you tell us which version you use. Its seems there are a lot of them.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Xash 3d. There are a lot of type

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
So what exactly you do in this engine? Your a coder or you just present this engine giving a chance to esf1.2.3 to look much better with HD textures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom