Earth Special Forces 5-year Anniversary (or close) since 1st Public Release

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I just thought that I would say something about it after I posted in another topic (when I realized that it has been close to five years ago since the first public alphas). Who has noticed that for those who has played and/or watched Earth Special Forces for nearly forever?

Reason why I say five years because I remember first playing Earth Special Forces (through LAN, I never played it online though over WON) back in around August/September 2001. I remember hearing about the old cell cheat (before it became a character) during those days but I never found out how.

Anyone interested in this 5 year anniversary or close to it?

Edit 1: Typo

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, has it been 5 years already? Damn, time really flies. Well, I don't know the exact date when the first release was, but congrats to the team for making a mod that actually lasts longer than a year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is probably one of the most successful mods in the whole world, well I'm sure of it, congrats team and hope it lasts for 5 more years!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
5 years O.O

I was shure it was longer.

I started playing ESF with beta 1.0 in 2002, joined the 2003

In any case Congratiulatiuons ESF team.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Congratulations Team! This includes also those who have retired. 5 years is damn long, and this modification is still d@mn popular! :D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh wow. That map on the left side of the pic is awesome.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The old cellgames. Oh and i liked the beams of alpha versions more than the ones of betas version ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Oh yeah, the cool powerstruggles of Alpha 2.0 XD. Those suckers could last forever till they blow up, which sometimes gave either very high gains in PL or set the PL back to default XD, which also sometimes blew up the entire map. I would have to say that this is one of the longest surviving DBZ mods ever and possibly one of the longest living mods (there a few others out there that actually lived that long).

If the staff is willing, if they even still have it, they could show very old screenshots of early versions where there was not even a Powerlevel bar (only health and KI). I would have to say that even though DragonmodZ is older I think, but ESF outlived it in longetivity. Just to go a bit off-topic, has anyone played Dragonball Z: Super Dimension (a crappy but funny and really dead mod)?

Edit:
Oh yeah, who still has the old SSJ Script? 8P (I still have one in one of the CDs)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think anyone has the SSJ script anymore, you should release it on ESF-World if you do still have it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never found out what the SSJ Script did exactly.
So what is it ?

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
It was just a simple script used to transform to SSJ (had no effect on Powerlevel however) by a press of a key, which also allowed access to certain other characters not really in the game. I remember everyone on the server must have it to be effective. It was basically a way of disguise.

Btw that, heres an idea for those who want to try it (maybe the remaining staff): If we build a video starting from the very beginnings of Earth Special Forces to Alpha 2.0 then to the Betas, we could develop a nice bit of history. Music would be very nice if someone wants to help out. ;) We shall call it either the 5 year anniversary video or something catchy related to the 5 year anniversary. I don't have the earliest alphas anymore though (not even Alpha 1.2 or 1.3, along with 1.5). They disappeared either because of overwriting, deleting, or reformat (I have been through several reformats since then).

The only trouble though is to see who still has the earliest of public alphas, which I bet many don't have anymore (except for the co-owner maybe and a couple remaining).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
5years and counting. Congrats team o/.
I remember all that time ago where I first touched esf, alpha 1.9 at a net cafe, then 1.0/1.1 days got me really interested in the mod, then I signed up for these forums & here I am today :).

Best answers
Congrats team :) I used to play this mod back in the old days, then I stopped. Recently, I started playing ESF again, and got very addicted :D GJ on 1.2, really like it :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats ESF Team! Here's to another 5 years!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would write '5 years of ESF' on my nipple.

but I got in trouble the last time :O

HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSERY, yo.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
I would write '5 years of ESF' on my nipple.

but I got in trouble the last time :O

HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSERY, yo.
Leave such things up to Kidboy, he's not afraid of doing such things ;).

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
5 years?

I've been for around most of them... I think.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
5 years?

I've been for around most of them... I think.
4 years (accordingly from the time you registered for the forums). I on the other hand have been here for 2.5/3 of these years :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom