E3 no more?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this will definatly be the end of era where companies found common ground once a year. The three hardware giants Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony may host their own events, and companies like Blizzard, EA, Capcom, Midway, Bungie, Maxis, etc will now probably go into tour mode. It may be more cost effective in the long run. I do still see possibility for companys to string together in certain shows, or something similar to E3, but more convienant for the companies budgets to occur.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
Well, this will definatly be the end of era where companies found common ground once a year. The three hardware giants and Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony may host their own events, and companies like Blizzard, EA, Capcom, Midway, Bungie, Maxis, etc will now probably go into tour mode. It may be more cost effective in the long run. I do still see possibility for company's to string together in certain shows, or something similar to E3, but more convienant for the companies budgets to occur.
My thoughts exactly!

Although it's just a rumour, however if it's true that would be suck. E3 is practically massive and draws a lot of attention to gamers everywhere alike for just abot all popular gaming platforms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt it's the end. It drew in so much revenue to surrounding companies and to the E3 stuff itself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No

It cant. I'm going to E3 next year. or in two years.

However, I'm going. This just cant be >:0

Best answers
I'm saying bull****, as far as this issue is concerned. The mere idea of cancelling E3 is asisine. For many years, E3 has been the main venue of publicity and news for the world. E3 is just a small game convention for companies of North America to show off their stuff, this is the main competition for the world to feast their eyes upon.

Besides the Tokyo Game Show, E3 is the world's largest game-convention. For this to just come to an abrupt start would mean a huge blow to video-game companies worldwide. Money, of all things really shouldn't be an issue for the convention either. Considering how much money the game industry manages to pull each and every year is astonishing. In fact, it's one of the largest growing industries.

If this is a rumor, then I sure hope to hell it stays that way, because none of this makes sense whatsoever.

All in all though, i still prefer TGS and Spaceworld anyway, so it doesn't really bother me. I just don't think there's any good reasoning behind it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope they don't cancel it, E3 was like internet Christmas for gamers and and geeks worldwide.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
iI'd get over it. E3 always seemed to come and go without me even noticing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's bull. They do it to make money. They make loads of money with E3. They're going to keep having E3 until they stop making money.

Best answers
Kaination said:
No

It cant. I'm going to E3 next year. or in two years.

However, I'm going. This just cant be >:0
same for me! ;'< been planning to go there next year or in 2 years that is! it cannot and will not be shutdown!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well seems like someone tried to hype up E3 by claiming it was ending, yet it was just getting more organized and smaller.

Oh well, I don't live on the West Coast.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really wonder if E3 makes thatthat much money. Their overhead must be huge.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That depends, the E3 itself probably doesn't make much money. But it does allow your company to advertise their your games to nearly all press magazines available and thus more people might buy your game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom