E3 2006

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The pre-show (May 3rd) has started and finished, and the start of E3 is just two days away. The games list can be found here , a lot of them have already got E3 pre-show articles written about them. Personally, I can't wait, this is going to be 'the big one' for the PS3 and Wii, and a lot of the confirmed titles are major ones for both current and future consoles.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some more of Tenkaichi 2 and also Super Dragon Ball Z, hopefully some new characters or features will be revealed. Anything more on Final Fantasy XII would be good too. Then there are the next-gen contenders like a first peek at Halo 3 , some plot/character details for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Devil May Cry 4, Tekken 6, Metroid Prime 3 with the Wii remote, more Spore (if there's anything new left to see), Halo 2 on Vista, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Gears of War, Unreal Tournament 2007, God of War II, Command and Conquer 3, Dirge of Cerberus and more. Phew.

Hopes? Worries? Predictions? Only 3 days, 8 hours and 30 minutes to go :cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking for some info on UT2k7 and Supreme Commander.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm eagerly awaiting some new Twilight Princess, SSB: Revolution and Super Mario 128 info, as well as new information about the PS3 and Revolution themselves, of course.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm stoked about a lot of things at this E3. Some that immediately come to mind would be anything on the Wii, and any Supreme Commander stuff. Also, after reading the recent impressions from various sites on Sega's Pre-E3 showing of the new Sonic game for PS3 and 360, I'm actually really stoked on that as well. It's looking like the magic of the old Genesis games are finally gonna shine through into 3D. So hopefully there are some videos and stuff from that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Supreme Commander.

And any revolutionary RTS. As well as Dark Messiah.

Best answers
Im watching for the Fear expansion, MK armegeddon, Turok, sadly Budokai T2, and supreme commander.

Best answers
I'm eagerly awaiting some new Twilight Princess, SSB: Revolution and Super Mario 128 info, as well as new information about the PS3 and Revolution themselves, of course.
-- Agreed, but just to expand on what Rommyu posted, im also really eager to see how well Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 handles with the Wii controller, the finalized PS3 controller, if Nights and Dark Messiah will actually be announced for the Wii, and im highly anticipating more information on Spore, Cell Factor, Resident Evil 5 and Super Dragonball Z.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm interested in the Wii and Tekken 6 previews mostly.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking forward to Spore, that game looks flat out awesome.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope that Will Wright actually announces a release date for Spore, becuase it will be the next PC game I get.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm also interested in new info about Phantom Hourglass, the new DS Zelda. And Rockman ZX.. I have no idea what it's about, so I'd love to hear more. Furthermore, it'd be interesting if they released any info about a European release date for the DS Lite, but I guess that might be stretching things a bit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thew new Sonic the Hedgehog game for PS3 and 360, Thank you...

And any new infromation of the ps3 (price please...), Wii information, Devil May Cry 4, Tenkaichi 2 and hopefully talks of the new Super Smash Brothers

Best answers
I looking forward to the nintendo wii *Shudders*, the ps3's price tag and spore. I don't really care much for X-Box 360 but if they have a gajillion good games and a major price drop it might get part of my attention, thought i doubt it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good news for Zelda/Wii fans, some of the 'Wiimote's functions are revealed:

More importantly for Nintendo fans, the Time article revealed several key pieces of information about Wii games. First, Grossman described using the Wii playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. "Now I'm Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish," he said. While Nintendo confirmed the much-anticipated GameCube title would have some Wii functionality, this is the first official description of what said functionality is.

Time also revealed the existence of not one, but two previously unknown Wii games. First up was the first next-generation installment in the popular WarioWare series. While he didn’t give a title for the game, Grossman did describe its gameplay in detail. "In one hot minute, I use the controller to swat a fly, do squat-thrusts as a weight lifter, turn a key in a lock, catch a fish, drive a car, saut? some vegetables, balance a broom on my outstretched hand, color in a circle and fence with a foil," said Grossman. "And yes, dance the hula."

Besides discussing how the next Madden NFL game will play on the Wii, the reporter also describes playing an unnamed tennis game. "The controller becomes a racket, and I'm smacking forehands and stroking backhands," he said. "The sensors are fine enough that you can scoop under the ball to lob it, or slice it for spin. At the end, I don't so much put the controller down as have it pried from my hands."
http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149308&pid=920769

That actually sounds more fun than I had expected o_O

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Good news for Zelda/Wii fans, some of the 'Wiimote's functions are revealed:

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149308&pid=920769

That actually sounds more fun than I had expected o_O

I agree, i actually read about this late last night-- times magazine is one of the last mag's i would"ve ever expected to read about Nintendo in-- only 1 more day left to their E3 press conference. I guess in the next 8 hours, we will get our impression from Sony first. Even though their presentation was absolutely amazing last year, it was rather extremely boring to me. So hopefully they'll hold my interest this time, without the adorable yellow toy ducks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom