DynCorp wants to patrol U.S. borders

Best answers
"A contractor is seeking Congress’ approval to let it work alongside Border Patrol agents in securing the border.
Robert Rosenkranz, president of DynCorp International’s government services division, today told the House Homeland Security subcommittee on management, investigations and oversight that it could provide 1,000 private agents in about 13 months to augment the Border Patrol. Rosenkranz said his contractors would be former police officers who are trained in the appropriate use of force and who know how to work with local law enforcement.
Since DynCorp border contractors would already have police experience, Rosenkranz said they could be trained faster than Border Patrol agents. Border Patrol agents now receive about 10 months of classroom and on-the-job training."
http://www.federaltimes.com/index.php?S=2845209

What do you all think? I know personally, I'm trying to get a career into the border patrol. And I don't like the idea of this happening. Not because it could affect the jobs available in the field, but also because i don't like the idea of corporations having any kind of "Police" work over anything. To me, it would start here patrolling our borders, and then before we know it the corporations have monopolized the world.( Not that fast of a transition of course, but im just saying it could head that way.)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
1. outsourcing law enforcement = worst idea ever
2. former police officers huh? Sounds totally trustworthy...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Horrible idea in every sense of the word. We're using mercenaries in Iraq and they've pretty much been a disgrace to the country. Do we really want what is essentially a mercenary force patrolling our borders?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also don't like this idea. Law enforcement needs to be answerable to the public. Corporations are generally not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best idea ever because this is how Armored Core started.

Giant robot plaese!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with DJ on the former police officer part. It's speculation since I know nothing about them, but if they're former officers then they've either left the force for their own reasons or were removed from the force. And if they've retired, I doubt it's because of age meaning they were either dissatisfied with the job because of what they could or could not do.

Isn't a corporate run patrol just a glorified way of saying mercenaries?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't a corporate run patrol just a glorified way of saying mercenaries?
Yep. Just like how we didn't hire mercenaries in Iraq. We hired contractors!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aren't contractors the people who build houses and roads, not blow them up?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aren't contractors the people who build houses and roads, not blow them up?
A contractor is someone who's under contract to perform specific tasks or provide specific services. In this case, they're referring to Blackwater, a private military company.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know man, I was kidding.

Failed, I guess.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know man, I was kidding.

Failed, I guess.
At least your jokes are funny, while mine are... well... if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Either way, it looks like nothing has happened yet considering that the article is a little over a year old. Not to mention there hasn't been any news (that I know of) regarding contracting Private Military Companies to patrol the border.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it's gonna be like Army of Two.

Two invincible guys in gimp-masks taking on 3 countries at once... and winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom