Dynasty Warriors Online CB Giveaway (pretty much garanteed)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ohhhh nice. I love Dynasty Warriors.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I saw this.

Here is the thing though, Dynasty Warriors is all about being a super powerful general VS Tons of Weaker units, and the occasional challenge. I saw a video, and it was like all generals, 30-40 of them. It was just so stupid looking. Also, I hear it lags incredibly bad, even for JP players.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've played it, and theres actually more than just that. the weak guys are there but thats not what you aim for, you aim for opposing general(usually players) and officers that are not far below generals.

My lag was not that bad for connecting to japan. I could go toe to toe vs a jap player.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't see a single clip of the online game in there.

But I will counter your link with this!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsc9Gwe9Vi8
A horrible looking game to me so much I would never touch it, yet, it's still successful or was before.

Dynasty warriors is definitely and "acquired taste" when it comes to gameplay. You'd have had to enjoy its past to enjoy this game.

Different games bring in different gamers. There is no such thing as "one game to rule them all.".

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I've played like all the Dynasty Warriors & Samurai Warriors games, I love the series, I just do not think it will work online.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It works just as much as Vindictus does. They are basicly the same kind of game.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No they aren't, Vindictus has more weight to it and needs atleast some amount of skill, you wont be able to take 20 Gnolls with 20 archers to back them up without losing a little health. Dynasty Warriors basically just bash and bash to countless enemies as though they are paper.

[video=youtube;gnKJpXZxmyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKJpXZxmyU[/video]

[video=youtube;ul96d5yVpso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul96d5yVpso[/video]
Start from 0.40

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let us not bring skill into this. They actually play VERY DIFFERENTLY.

Maybe Vindictus EX and Dynasty Warriors play alot alike, but regardless, Vindictus actually required work to make. Dynasty Warriors online looks like the latest Dynasty Warriors, modded with Multi-player in. I am actually interested in it, but at the moment Vindictus seems to offer what this has, and more, so I'm going with it.

I'm not opposed to the idea, just saying from the videos it doesn't look like it'll be better than Vindictus.

Also, in Vindictus, the enemies attack you. No offense, but I've played pretty much all the Dynasty Warriors & Samurai Warriors, and it seems like that remains the same based upon that video. You could never loose to a normal enemy, they're also unaggressive. The "bosses" or generals, can also be just killed easily. There is almost no enemy variety either. Also, the mission objectives remain like the console games, looks kinda meh.

I mean, I will probably try this out, but it's Aeria games, they're actually pretty bad at running games, especially the cash shops. For another Aeria game I played, you could buy 5x XP, 5X Gold, and a bunch of stuff, from what I've been googling, the cash shop in this will be similiar, I don't like "paying to win".

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No... I didn't say they play the same, they are the same kind of game.

What is vindictus? Hack and slash, whats dynasty warriors? Hack and slash.

THey work the same as how they make it an mmo. gear advancement is very similar, loot obtained is similar, and fighting concept is similar.

These are no "50 guys stand there and take it." if you dont block, you will get chain hit, and you nearly pull off a full combo. I've personally played both games and I can say, they do play similar in gameplay and the skill has to be existant, but if your good at vindictus, doesnt make you good at DWO and vice versa.

I also like the video comparison. The Vindictus video is a more professional collaboration of the games multiple features, and then a lvl 1 dynasty warrior newbie showing off one of the first levels. >.>

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just slapped the first gameplay footage's i could find, didn't intend it this way.

This should be a better comparison,

[video=youtube;bFniW8gitr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFniW8gitr8[/video]

But while their gameplay genre is same, technically they are a lot different. In vindictus you can grapple, throw almost any object you can find, has TRULY epic bosses, intriguing secondary weapons (Hooks anyone!), and has truly destructible environments. How can that compare to Dynasty Warriors where the main clutch is its Hack&Slash Combat with 100's of enemies onscreen at a time.

If you can ignore that they are both Combat related, they are a lot different. Gear and Loot on the other hand are same in every mmo.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, Dynasty warriors is more traditional Hack n Slash, while Vindictus is kinda a more "refined" style, less button mashing, more "thinking" involved. That said, they both have their merits.

I mean, this could turn out well, sure, but I doubt it, considering Aeria is hosting the game. Also, they show some "epic" moments in that video, but they aren't playable, they are cutscenes, and it isn't the player in them, it's the famous generals from Chinese history. That's the thing, no matter what, you'll feel uninvolved in the story, and the community will kinda be "bleh"

Like I said, you can also use the Cash Shop to buy super powered items, which I don't like. Vindictus has a cash shop, but it's purely cosmetic. No triple powered Weapons, or double defense, and all that crap. Which I can bet Dynasty Warriors will have based off of EVERY other Aeria online game having such a cash shop.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cash shops don't change from one version translation to another. I've played the japanese version for about 4 months and nothing in the shop gives you a fighting advantage that you wouldn't get without paying. Only thing i recall is if you dont pay you cant level past a point.

You cannot buy better weapons. if so, Links please? I'd like to also see these items from the cash shop.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait.

What?

You can't level past a certain point if you don't pay? That's already a no-go for me. =/ That's not F2P, that's a Hybrid F2P model like LOTR or D&D:O uses. That's kind of sickening for a game like Dynasty Warriors where if you don't level properly, you're screwed. A LV.10 Guy VS a LV.20 is like more than 2x HP, attack, and defense, which means, in PVP, anyone who doesn't purchase the ability to go higher level, is ****ed.

Also, I don't have a link to it, but I'm saying based on Aeria games track record of pretty much all their games having a cash shop with unbalanced gear, it will come, eventually. A level cap, that you have to pay to make go away? Yeah, no thanks. I'm all for cosmetic, and tiny things that don't prevent you from enjoying the game. But being LV.capped without paying is one reason I don't play games like WAR; LOTRO; D&D:O.

I only want to pay if I want to, I don't want to be FORCED to pay to continue enjoying a game, THAT is my issue.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it was level restriction, but for the game being almost what, 6 years old it was their way of a type of p2p game without complete lockout. That's been changed last I checked.

Areia games wouldn't add anything in cash shop that the original game wouldn't have. They are a publisher, not a developer.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And as the Publisher, they can.

Aeria games has added stuff to the Last Chaos Cash Shop that wasn't in the original Korean version. It happened with Mabinoghi also, Nexon, the publisher, added items not in the Koreans Cash Shop, and actually caught **** over that. So it can happen, and also, when was the last time you played the Japanese version?

And like you said, it's 4 years old...not alot of hope here from me. Then again, Mabinoghi was a 2004 game, and didn't get to NA til 2008, and it has a decent community.

Just saying, a cash shop is essential for the devs to make money, I get that, I really do, but the problem is once they start adding stuff that allows someone to pay to win. Like, a piece of armor that offers more defense, or a weapon with more attack, or getting 2x XP for 7 days, stuff like that = instant fail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2x XP for 7 days, stuff like that = instant fail.
Everythign but this i agree. Extra boost to near higher levels isnt a pay to win. I'ts not a disadvantage in combat. and you cant compare low lvls vs high lvls, cause that can stand with any game. It can be compared to wow because the already existing high/max levels.

I doubt they will add gear in the cash shop that would pose a disadvantage, thats not the kind of game it is. Thats more of a "Gunz" thing.

Pay to win does not mean pay to advance quicker, it means pay to be superior. xp acceleration does not apply to a pay to win.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, Dynasty warriors is more traditional Hack n Slash, while Vindictus is kinda a more "refined" style, less button mashing, more "thinking" involved. That said, they both have their merits.

I gotta disagree on this part.... All I do in Vindictus is hack and slash. Left click, Left click, Left Click, Right click..... Left click, left click, right click to knock down....... left click x20 for Thousand Needles. Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom