Dying in Diablo II multiplayer makes you lose skills?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I was playing alone today (Diablo II LOD) to gain some levels in multiplayer. I was at level 4 and I died because I wasn't paying attention to my health points. I lost all my money, weapons and Armour.. Find, I can deal with that. But I also lost my fireball skill (I am a sorcerer).. Is this normal? The fireball skill is even a default skill you start/begin with without the need even to choose it at level up.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you die you lose your body. Just go back to the place of your death and get it back.
Oh and never keep money with you. Put them in storage so you won't lose it when dying.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
When you die you lose your body. Just go back to the place of your death and get it back.
Oh and never keep money with you. Put them in storage so you won't lose it when dying.
Yea... I kinda quit the game and never went back. RAGEQUIT.. I know. It's rather stupid you lose skills at dying..

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't lose them permanently :L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well.. When you die you lose your items, experience and some gold (depending on the level /me thinks)
When you get your body back you get only part of the experience. You might have lost a level and lost the skill due to that .:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try Demon's Souls on PS3.

It's much more forgiving. Heh.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
If I remember correctly, the first level of the fireball skill is a skillpoint you get from an item in the first place.
Getting back the item will return the skill.

Edit: Oh and, you do not lose experience.

Last edited:
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I remember correctly, the first level of the fireball skill is a skillpoint you get from an item in the first place.
Getting back the item will return the skill.

Edit: Oh and, you do not lose experience.
This man speaks the truth. I believe you get a point of Fireball from a starting item, so when you dropped the item when you were killed, you would have lost that point in Fireball (until such time as you equip the item again).

And you do lose experience when you die, but NOT on the default difficulty. That comes later, at Nightmare difficulty, I'm pretty sure.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The last post is correct, the first fireball skill you gain is gained through your staff which all soso's (sorceresses) begin with. So if you didn't run back to your corpse and got your items back, you lost the staff...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh my bad. I never noticed I didn't lose exp in normal :S But yeah. I forgot about the first kill coming from the staff, too. You should just live on, Domien :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Right. i forgot my staff. never knew it had a special ability. thanks for the information guys.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're welcome, rage quitter.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well if anyone's interesting in playing the game with me, let me know.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I was playing alone today (Diablo II LOD) to gain some levels in multiplayer. I was at level 4 and I died because I wasn't paying attention to my health points. I lost all my money, weapons and Armour.. Find, I can deal with that. But I also lost my fireball skill (I am a sorcerer).. Is this normal? The fireball skill is even a default skill you start/begin with without the need even to choose it at level up.
I have both Diablo II original and the expansion pack Lord of Destruction, short for LOD.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I guess you are on the US realm? Maybe I will come and join you for a bit later on...right now I have exams:/

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm on the EU Realm actually.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom